1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isaiah Canaan appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 19, 2015.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They were better before they screwed up and got Rondo.

DD

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I think this is gonna be a Lowry/Dragic 2.0 situation.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I honestly think this is more about Nick Johnson than Prigioni, they must have felt Nick Johnson is closer and has a higher ceiling than Canaan.

DD

4. Rocket_Man_2.0

I agree, Nick Johsnson needs minutes he's our only hope. But is Mchale going to play him?

5. fattz

fattz Member

Yes, I am sure milk hair has known of him from his childhood and would like to see him succeed

6. Remii

Remii Member

Damn... Wish him the best. Hopefully he'll get some consistent playing time and make the best of it.

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

WTH Our Vipers experiment is a failure.

We traded away Daniels, Covington, Canaan--the cornerstone of the 3s and lay-ups approach of the Vipers last year.

I mean there's a disjunct out there. Does this mean our offensive philosophy is flawed? Even DMo was asked to shoot 3s in his 1st 2 years until he serendipitously lucked into his current role as post player.

I don't understand this. I'm sure Nick Johnson, Clint Capela and any new draftees will be excited about playing for the Rockets/Vipers.

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think you are correct. On 790 today, McHale said he thinks Canaan can make it in the NBA. But, that he needs to work on his defense and his passing. I think these are some areas that the Rockets may feel that Johnson has an edge on Canaan. Canaan can shoot, no doubt about that. But it seems that Morey and McHale are really Getting away from one dimensional offensive minded players.

9. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I really thought he was talented enough to AT LEAST be in the rotation. Regardless, I'm happy that he has his chance to really go out and play some ball in Philadelphia.

If he can play up to his potential and the rest of his teammates develop like they should, the Sixers could have a decent team soon.

10. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

The Mavs were never even meeting the expectations that were set. Dallas fans believed they were going to the Finals in the offseason.

11. Possum

Possum Member

Cannon will NEVER be on either of those players level. I doubt he ever cracks a starting lineup other than to fill in for an injury. :rolleyes:

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nick is definitely a good defender

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Really like Canaan, but once Dwight grabbed his junk that was it.

14. Remii

Remii Member

Yea... Because those two players were so great in their 1st couple of years. I can remember how excited everyone was when Morey 1st got them :rolleyes:

15. Possum

Possum Member

Want I bet cannon sucks next year? :rolleyes:

16. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Put your name on the rep you p***y ass b****

Canaan did not have that skill set or he would still be on the team. He is a streaky 3pt shooter. That is all. One again you show your lack of BB knowledge.

17. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

He'll be starting for philly this year.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Are you 12?

19. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Yeah I'm 12 bro

20. PeppermintCandy

It really seemed that the offense sort of bogged down and became one-dimensional when Canaan was in there, despite his (impressive) individual offensive output. Would have made a decent backup SG if he had the size, but as our PG, I always felt he was lacking. Maybe in the right system, he can flourish.

And it's been a while since I've had a glimpse of Nick Johnson, but I have some hopes for the kid. Maybe having him and Capela develop some chemistry in the D-league will someday pay off for the Rockets.