1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Your Spirit Broken?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Manny Ramirez, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

What was supposed to be a season that saw our Rockets make the Western Playoffs for the first time since the Strike-shortened season of 1999 has been a forgettable one to say the least.

Yes, we have seen some interesting things like:

1) The raw talent and potential of Eddie Griffin - the sky is the limit on this kid - definitely a future superstar

2) The outstanding play of Cuttino Mobley - gotta give him his due, the Cat has been going off of late and continues to get better and better every game.

3) The coming out season of Kenny Thomas - granted it took an injury to Mo Taylor for Kenny to get a chance, but the "Raging Bull" has made the most of his opportunity. I really hope that we can keep him instead of trading him in the off-season.

There have been some others like Oscar Torres and that Walt Williams has had some nice games, but maybe the biggest of them all is this:

The Rockets continue to play hard and tanking is not an option with this bunch. So, as much as they exasperate me, as much as I think about wasting $160 dollars on League Pass, as much as I scream obscenities at the "Little Dribbler" when he does his schtick, and as much as I think of other bad things like Glen Rice, how TMo can't shoot, Francis's migraines, etc., I just think about the determination and heart that this team shows. Then I feel that my spirit isn't broken after all.

Hopefully, we can acquire an impact player whether through a trade, free agency, or the draft (although the draft might mean not an impact player right away). Also, Glen Rice and Mo Taylor should be healthy and ready to go. It should definitely be worth getting excited about.

However, in the meantime, I will continue to be proud of this team as they continue to compete and be a thorn in other teams' sides like they were to Minnesota and Seattle.

So, what was the point of this thread? As bad as things have been, let's be thankful that we are fans of a team that continues to play their hearts out - now, if they could be a consistent defensive team...

My spirit has been tested, but it is not broken yet - not by any means.

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

My spirit survived a cold day in Buffalo in 1993, I think it will survive this season.

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

All I need are a few games like the Utah and Minnesota wins, and I'm happy. Once the initial depression of missing the playoffs wears out, I just enjoy watching the Rockets play.

4. treeman

treeman Member

Honestly - Yes.

I am hopeful for next season, though. Although my hopes for this one are pretty much slashed, I do get excited thinking about what this team (healthy) can do. A healthy Steve, a healthy Cuttino (not that he's been a problem), a more developed Griff, a healthy Mo, a healthy Glen, a motivated Cato... I shudder to think how scary this team would be healthy and in full form.

Next year.

5. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

No. win or lose I love watching this team play they are full of suprises.

HIDE YOUR TV's when Denver comes to town ROFL:rolleyes:

6. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

What he said, after that, nothing can faze me.

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Nope.

Only way I would waiver in the Rocks is if they had little talent AND I had little or no faith in the coach/GM.

As long as one of the two is not true, then I can always look forward to the next season.

But I'll always be a fan.

8. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Me three, I actually watched that game about three weeks ago just so I could remember how good we were. Anyhow that coupled with a certain game which my team came up one yard short in the Superbowl pretty much has made me a rock, emotionally speaking of couse.

9. Sane

Sane Member

Since Olajuwon's exit, I've been a little in limbo. If Francis is gone, I'd probably become less of a fan, join another team maybe.

10. Kill Dirty Stockton

Kill Dirty Stockton Contributing Member

aaaaaaawww man noooo!!! no matter what happens you can't ever join another team:mad: :)
    even if its moochie norris running the show, always have to go for the hometown team! (wait i like moochie though)