1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Yao done playing for the Chinese National Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dreammvp, May 10, 2009.

1. YaoDreaming

YaoDreaming Member

It always amazed me that so many chinese fans complained about Yao playing for China.I mean Yao is the best chinese player,and if his country needs him for an international game,he should be there.Maybe it is not good for his health,but that's just his tough life.

Now if you are an american fan,I can understand why you don't want him to play,since houston pays Yao huge dollars.

Anyways,good luck to Yao about the rehab.I hope you can come back even stronger next year!

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

not unless he turned mexican all of a sudden, yao ramingrez

3. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Isn't Yao very proud of China and loyal?
    I was always under the impression that for Yao..it was always China first. He's Chinese first and foremost and it's a larger honor for Yao to play for his national team. This is why he shut it down last year to heal for the Olympics. He could have played and been somewhat effective against the Jazz...he decided the Olympics were more important than a playoff run with the Rockets.
    Yao was born and raised with Chinese values, theology and ethics.
    The Rockets are a way for him too secure financial comfort for the rest of his life...the Chinese National Team is a way for him to secure national pride within himself and too fullfill his personal obligation to his country. Remember..he would not be a Rocket if the Chinese Government didn't allow it. And Yao, unlike Wang, would not defect.

4. RHostetler82

RHostetler82 Member

I hope so. Yao plays too much damn basketball.

5. jkd2004

jkd2004 Member

NBA>olympics
    Houston Rox>National team

6. jkd2004

jkd2004 Member

dude we had different education,we had been ”brain washed“by the ccp