1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Wright's durability a concern?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by withmustard, Mar 6, 2018.

1. MONON

MONON Member

Just get him healthy for the POs. That's why he was signed.

D-rock likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

wright by no means has shown in his career that hes an every night contributor. hes never lived up to his expectations as a player and draft position. he was a free signing. whatever you expected was way too high of a bar and thats why a lot of people overhyped him. you expected him to be poor man's CC why? bc hes skinny and runs pick and roll? theres a lot more into it that goes into becoming a CC.

whether its black or wright that fills that 3rd hole at center isn't that big of a deal to me at all. They are the last resort emergency situations. they likely wont be seeing any time in the playoffs. you have to remember small ball is now played more often in the playoffs and tucker/ryno will be playing the 5 significantly in the playoffs along with CC/Nene getting their time at the 5

#22 YOLO, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

4. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

I don't get concerned about our 3rd string centers durability.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm glad The Rockets decided to keep Tarik.

PeterKingX likes this.
  6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I know it sounds simplistic but, Yes! Also, I said poor man's version. I don't think Clint would be nearly as productive on a different squad. These Rockets have 2 of the top 4 assist leaders in the league on the same team. I've never seen that in my life. At this point we are debating Nature vs Nurture. Is Capela self made or a product of his situation? The answer is probably in the middle, but to think Wright can't benefit drastically from a Dantoni system with two of the greatest PG's ever is pessimistic at least. Either of these guys would be leading the league in assists if they didn't have the other on THIS team. Nobody expected Nene to be this efficient either at his age. If Nene is healthy, I'm not terribly concerned about 3rd string center, but if a 2017 Nene can get hurt in the playoffs, so can a 2018 Nene.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OP shouldn't lose sleep over our 12th man

D-rock likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

pnr deals with timing, reads, hands, iq, instinct. qualities that are not often duplicated from one player to another just based on looks and role

9. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Yes. If he’s not ready by next week waive Nanu and sign Bogut (if healthy) as the 13th man.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Wright's durability has always been a problem. That's why we didn't waive Black.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  11. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I know, but Clint leads the league in dunks. A huge majority of those dunks are alley-oops or roll dunks. Most experts would agree that CP3 and Harden are making Capela look good and not the other way around. Huge props to Capela for adapting, but let's be honest, half of his points are from baskets that Harden created. Remember Omer Asik, he had the timing, reads, IQ, instincts, everything except the hands. Nene has all the identical skills as well, just not the lift to finish above the rim when defenders overplay Harden on the pick and roll.

I realize that you can't just add water and have a Capela, but with our PG talent, you can add water and have a productive player that makes you closer to a title. At this point nobody is going to be a homerun, I just think we can find someone that will lean into the pitch.

12. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Your argument is about something that happened 2 seasons ago? Yea try again.

13. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Be conservative with a player who just got here and probably needs more run? I’ll respectfully disagree but Bogut player healthy all if not most of the season this year before he got cut.

14. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

We are talking about this year though. Why is everyone’s argument about his past injuries? I mean, hell, CP, Gordon, and Anderson have dealt with injuries before but it don’t matter if they are good this year right? I mean yea there is concern but until it happens again it don’t matter. Bogut was healthy all season if not most of the season b4 he got cut. Wright on the other hand was already injured this season.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He's a fourth string back up who might not even get burn in the playoffs. We have nene black and capella.... he'll play when it is his time.

16. aroundtheblock2

This isn't xbox where you just pick all the names you know. There was probably a lot of analysis put into picking Wright as the RIGHT guy. Be patient geez.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

argument? its actually a fact. not sure where the argument comes from.

oh remind us what bogut is doing right now? yeah try again

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

ok so what exactly is your issue then. you keep replying with more of the same

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

is a deep bench player's durability a concern for a contender?

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

false. the last time you could call him even close to healthy was when he played with GS. its been downhill ever since