1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is winning the MOST important?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by soulsong999, Feb 15, 2003.

Tags:
  1. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

As usual, one loss and the BBS is in mourning. It is just a ball game isn't it? Any team on any given team can beat another team. I am not happy when Rockets lose - but I am not too disappointed either.

Rockets is not a young team, but it is a NEW team, with NEW players trying to gel with each other (not to mention an addition of a new franchise player). Good results will only come after many years of hard work and playing with each other. Like running a new business, with a new team, you just want to break even - you don't expect to turn a big profit straight away. NBA History has shown us enough.

Perhaps I have not suffered long enough, as in the case of the "veteran" fans, but I have faith. I have accepted that Rockets is not yet ready to make the playoffs - if they do it will be a bonus, if they don't there is always next year, next season.

As a new fan to a new team, I am happy to be on the ride. There will be many more teams that the Rockets will lose to - but they will also have their fair share of wins over worthy opponents.

There is always only one winner in basketball games. Maybe some of us have placed too much emphasis on winning and just winning?

If a war broke out in the world tomorrow, this will all come into perspective. I am happy just to participate.

Soulsong999

2. mos-def

mos-def Member

wow, thank you , nice to keep things in perspective.
    i have been a long time fan, and i feel the same way you do. i really request people use perspective. at the beginning of the year, did you really think the rox would be in the playoffs??

3. James23

James23 Member

the rox didn't just lose to any other team tonight, they lost to the heat, a cba team. this is not even a oddity. this season, the rox has shown the love of losing to cba teams, such as the grizzlies, bulls, warriors and hawks. you are right when you say losing is all right (but not all the times) if you lose to better teams because the team actually learns something from losing.

4. ming1111

ming1111 Member

Try being a true fan for 22 yrs and losing to all the sorry teams.Yes I thought the Roxs should have made the playoffs this year, they have had plenty of time to build(4 yrs) and they have good players. I respect that you don't mind if they win or lose, I wish I could be that way, but 4 yrs of losing really sucks!!!!!!!

5. cmellon

cmellon Member

Is winning the MOST important?

Yes, and anything other than that is a loser's excuse.

6. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

Thanks cmellon, I couldn't agree more. Guys, this is PROFESSIONAL SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a mercenary business. Nobody cares who finishes second, much less last!! :mad: :mad:

The Rockets sold season tickets by telling anyone who would listen that all their troubles were behind them and that "barring injuries" not making the playoffs would be considered a failure.

I don't begrudge a team some losses, but I do begrudge a team that continues doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is an absolute travesty of a situation. There is not another team out there with two (count 'em, 2) All Stars that would have lost to Cleveland and Miami in less than 10 days time!!!!!!!!!

So, screw the Sunshine Pumping attitude. I will become more mellow when I see someone ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING TO MAKE THE SITUATION BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: