1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Trevor Ariza the modern day Shandon Anderson.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HPD, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You mean Shandon Anderson lived in the Middle Ages?

2. HPD

HPD Member

??????

3. mario_v

mario_v Member

I don't know why everybody is surprised with ariza's performance. He was forced into that playmaking role, which clearly he is not. I think no one in the front office really expected him to take his game to the next level and be the go-to guy for this team.

With the addition of martin, I think ariza's numbers, FG% and overall game will improve with the addition of martin. Also, having Yao wont hurt either

4. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

We probably can't really evaluate Ariza until he plays with the full team -- Yao included -- and resumes his true role as a third or fourth scoring option. I think people here are jumping the gun.

5. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

yesss!! cover your eyes when the game is at a critical point& the ball is in his hands i hope he will get better but i also held hope for v- span moochie skip jl3 i really think he does not fit for whatever reason

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Anderson didn't get the green light to shoot 14 to 15 times a game, because of teams he played on. I'd imagine he could do that with this version of Rockets, and probably wouldn't shoot under 40%, like a certain player I know.

This is Ariza's first season of averaging 3.7 a game, beyond that his assist total is identical to Anderson's.

I'm telling you give Anderson time, his numbers would be near or possibly above Ariza's numbers.

Oh - and Ariza was white hot in the entire playoffs while his team won something.

Austin Croshere had fantastic playoff run in 2000, I wonder where ended up. One playoff series, out of the blue moon.