1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Tracy McGrady now a Rockets legend?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Mar 7, 2014.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Seeing him at games with Les sitting next to Dream. You can't get any more official than that.

Is he now a Rocket 4 Life? On the same status as Rudy, Clyde, Dream, Yao, and Murphy?

Do you consider T-Mac a Rockets legend?

2. dookiester

dookiester Member

wonder how mad tinman was at hakeem and dwight for not shunning tmac. they must not be true rockets fans.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not until he has a nickname.

4. valorita

valorita Member

I was very disappointed in him when he basically quit on the team. One of the most disgusting things I've seen on the court when he conceited a dunk by not even trotting back on defense where he was clearly ahead of the offensive player.
    That being said, he did provide great memories as a Rocket and you can't deny his input to the franchise.
    Be classy Houston, and forgive the prodigal son.

5. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

For me, he was the second after 13 in 35 happened. You don't have to win championships to be a legend. No matter how bad it ended.

1 person likes this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

T Mac was a beast in 2005 too bad he didn't have the talent around him he needed that year.

7. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Depends on how you view it. Some people are over the negative and just look back on the positives. He should not be considered in the class of Dream etc because of how it ended. He let us down when he had the supporting cast, didn't handle his injures well. However he carried the team with the likes of Wesley, Bowen etc.

8. Roxs-Redemption

I would say Tracy McGrady is a Rockets legend.

Heres my proof:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5RKnWQn8oFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  9. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Injuries ruined his career...and probably frustrated all of us with some of his lethargic play towards the end of his career but with that said he is still an all time great rocket and i don't mind him.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Now you're just trying to get tinman's head to explode.

11. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

yeah i wish morey would've came early to houston. who knows what he would do with tmac as a superstar. i know morey is the GM in 2007 but what if he came to houston in 2000

12. BonziWellsGOAT

Tinman in 3.....2.....1.....

13. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

13 points in 33 seconds

Must say more?

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hakeem and Les Alexander aren't true Rockets fans. They certainly aren't '99ers.

1 person likes this.
  15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

AB and Luis Scola are more Rockets legends to me: each helped win a Rockets playoff series.

16. Dei

Dei Member

I'm honestly surprised he came back. I remember that game when he came back either as a Piston or a Knick and he was just jeered and called names through the game. In a post-game interview when asked how he felt coming back, he looked like he was gonna cry.

I've told myself I'm done being a T-Mac fan after being disappointed so many times but, man, he's still the best player I've ever seen.

17. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

He's a fan!

18. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Yes he is. 13 in 33 is forever immortal.

19. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I always wondered that as well. Love CD for his work with the big men but his general managing was pretty bad towards the end of his career.

CD had a superstar TMac and a young star in Yao and surrounded them with the old bodies of Juwan Howard, Bob Sura, Jon Barry, and David Wesley. That 2005 season, we played Clearance Witherspoon and Vin Baker for christ sake! In 2006, though Stromile Swift, Derek Anderson and Rafer Alston would make us contenders..

Got to believe Morey would have done so much better. His first year as GM, got Ron Artest for scraps.

But yes, I think TMac is a Rockets legend. His run with us didn't end well but so many great memories. He was a major part of the 2000's. When we traded for him in 2004 and up until he was traded away, he along with Yao gave this city hope for a chance to return to NBA glory.

20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Okay. Here the thing nearly EVER NBA player with multiple scoring titles has or will earn a play in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

The only two "question marks" will be Allen Iverson and Tracy McGrady. I think most fans, players, coaches, and writers would say Iverson deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. If that is the case, I see no way that McGrady also gets the honor. Maybe not first few ballots, but definitely eventually.

If he is a Hall of Famer, even if those scoring titles were not with the Rockets, how could he not be a Rockets legend?