1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the end for the Cowboys? = D

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pete Chilcutt, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Gotcha.

Well whoever has been paying attention to football for the past few years already knows that the Cowboys choke hard in December, nothing new there.

The gif is hilarious though, +1 for that.

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

now i know why you're no longer shane battier- you're really not so nice.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Gladly, nobody has ever accused me of being nice.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

WTF? Did you put this insult through a translator or something?

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Wade Phillips needs to leave, he has made some bad coaching decisions, why 4 times running through the middle, run to one side, or throw pass at least one time.

and the kicker is downhill, now, he was so good the past 2 years I dont know what happen?

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

[​IMG] not so good for [​IMG]....

+1 REP for original post, although the first line isn't quite right....

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I agree if the Saints lose, it will be this week, but I doubt the Cowboys beat them. I'm loving the Cowboys' struggle this year to make the playoffs. I hope they do just well enough to bring Wade Phillips back. A close 1st round loss maybe?

The Saints aren't playing their best football, but their offense should put up more than enough points to win Saturday night. I suppose there is the slim chance the 'Boys play an inspired game and pull off the upset but I just don't see it.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This season it is something else. Cowboys cannot beat a team with a winning record. They beat Philly by less than a TD but that was apparently just a fluke.

Cowboys are basically a 9-7 team in 3 out of 4 seasons going back. The year we went 13-3 we were pretty good but we also won some games that could have easily gone the other way. This season...those games have gone the other way.

I don't think it is December as much as this team just isn't very good and the schedule tends to have tough games in December with other NFC east teams and very good teams from other divisions. We definitely are not getting schedules with any subpar teams in December. An interesting note is that San Diego has been getting December schedules with teams without winning records. Their last 11 games in December...they faced three winning teams. So, you can't say how the schedules are built isn't a factor. Cowboys get tough teams in December. That has a lot to do with their lack of success. It's not like they are playing bad teams and losing to them. They are losing to winning teams in December.

9. Obito

I don't like using the whole "losing record" argument mainly because it seems every team plays their best against us (maybe with the exception of the Chiefs THIS year). Brady Quinn had a amazing game against us, so did Fargas and Moreno (despite the goal line fumble).

In our winning streak we've beat all three NFC East powerhouses.. We play the Bengals next, than the Titans and lastly the Skins (who aren't playing all that bad).

If we win those games there should be no doubt that we are elite.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I disagree. San Diego will reach elite status when they win games in January. If they fizzle out early in January, then the regular season won't matter.

11. Obito

We've been doing alright the past 2 years in the playoffs. Beating the Colts twice and the Titans once.

The two teams we have lost to (Pats, Steelers) don't look too sharp right now.

12. hjg877

hjg877 Member

moestavern19 -- 2009 Internet Popular Queen

Congrats!

Cowboys should go after Charlie Weis, while keeping Phillips and Campo on staff.

13. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

when did everyone start getting so sensitive on this board?

Good god we need Bill Cowher. I know Jerry will never give up his GM control and that is what makes this such a sorry situation. You love to have a GM that is willing to spend money but he has cemented his record as a poor administrator beyond his time exploiting a cap-less league(and credit must go to Jimmy Johnson for the large majority of that time anyway).

I think that perhaps the most overlooked part of this sorry season has been the lack of rookie output. The trade for Roy Williams was such an awful idea and it boggles the mind that Jerry didnt learn from the Joey Galloway trade that gave the Seahawks Mcintosh and Shaun Alexander. The depth that a few good draft picks gives - especially if you hit big on just one of them and they have breakout performances - is so crucial to teams during a 16 game season. We had really sorry luck with rookie injuries but that is going to happen to everyone. What we need right now is a first round pick that contributes and instead we have to watch Barbie Carpenter shy from contact like a 6 year-old girl running from cooties.

Can yall imagine a team with the Cowboy's talent lead by a real coach like Cowher? Of course Cowher is not bigger than the Dallas Cowboys, but talk about a change in locker room culture!

Also, props to Tony Romo for his performance this year. People **** all over him when he screws up but he never gets his credit when he performs well. I show praise for Tony and the defense and I show the door to Roy Williams and Wade Philips. My only hope now is the boys have such a catastrophic end to the season that Jerry takes a step back and realizes that he can't do this without letting someone else make the decisions.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

OK. How often does a head coach "stay on staff" after being replaced? Can someone even name one instance where this has happened? People keep bringing this up as if it is a regular occurrence.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Didn't it happen on the Chiefs a few years ago?

16. hjg877

hjg877 Member

I'm really just referring to how Campo was brought back to the organization after his tenure as head coach with the Cowboys. Apparently his departure as coach was on "good terms" since he later was an assistant.

Another example that is completely unrelated: Tim Floyd

17. Asian Sensation

Roy Williams the self proclaimed #1 wideout on his team and 30 some odd ranked WR, fantasy team killer talking about how the Cowboys are gonna beat the Saints. No need to fire up Brees and even if the Cowboys do win... it's not like that bum Williams is going to have a huge impact on the game.

18. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Wasn't he gone, then brought back as an assistant?

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I can't imagine him not adding that noteworthy accolade to his sig.