1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the end for the Cowboys? = D

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pete Chilcutt, Dec 14, 2009.

1. ThaShark316_28

That's when I stop reading...

Chargers = AFC champs in 2009.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm thinking Cowher is waiting patiently for the Cowboys to implode this season for his chance to get a crack at this team. The Cowboys have a capable QB, pretty good RB corps, receivers at every slot, and a defense that could use a Chin-Meister tuneup.

3. halfling131

halfling131 Member

Hi, go Chargers!

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

FIND a team in the NFL right now that can stop our offense, I dare you.

I stop reading after your first sentence. Not because I'm a Chargers fan but because you have no idea what you are saying there.

5. Obito

He didn't do **** the whole game.

We basically traded Burnett for him in the off season. He was garbage last year for us.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I was at that game in Philly last year. One of the best times I've ever had at a football game...seeing dallas get absolutely ripped to shreds in person...with Philly fans. On top of that, I was wearing a Texans hat that day. The Texans had just finished off Chicago, giving Philly a chance to get in the playoffs if they beat dallas. It was an awesome day.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

please get rid of bobby carpenter. pretty please.

8. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I think for Cowboys fans Philly beating NYG helped us bc it pushed the Giants farther away from a WC spot and that is good bc the Giants have the outright tiebreaker over the boys and I see the Giants losing at least one of their remaining games(probably the Minnesota game but I wouldn't be shocked if they blew their MNF @ Washington next week because that game will probably be like Washington's superbowl to pretty much eliminate the Giants from playoff contention)I predict Philly to lose to either Denver or San Fran and Dallas lose to the Saints on Saturday and beat Washington so going into the final game it would be Dallas at 9-6 and Philly at 10-5, winner of that game takes the NFC East because Dallas would own the outright tiebreaker over Philly because of the season sweep.

9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wade is an excellent DC maybe even a superior one, but for whatever reason doesn't seem to have it in him to motivate the team to finish games, or seasons, strong. but to be fair, the parcells teams were no better in december, so the fade is not all on wade.

and Romo has been clutch all year, including this month. the problem on offense has been the O-line, which is not made for straight ahead, pound the ball down your throat football (the drive leading up to the SD goal line stand notwithstanding).

and JG's goal line play calling is sometime's too cute. he drew up a beautiful play last week for the first RW TD, and the one to Austin yesterday was pretty, but why have Barber in as a fullback, and then not use him to block (on 4th down). why didn't they run the razorback in that series?

and i love(d) the guy, but now it must be asked, WTF(olk)?

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its too easy to pass in the NFL now. In 1999, 5 QBs had had a 90+ QB rating. This year there are currently 13 QBs with a 90+ rating. Thats like half the league. Jason Campbell has an 89. Vince Young has a 90.

That can be why a QB like Romo or Schaub might look better than what they are. Not sure how that helps analysis, just thought I'd throw that in there.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Ummm no. No one that follows the 'boys and the "great" owner and GM that is Jerry Jones really believes he'll be able to or he'll want to get Cowher/Shanny/Holmgren in to Valley Ranch or for that matter that they'll want to come work for Jerry. It's all about power as the HC/decision maker and Jerry wants it all and those three coaches want it all. Jerry will go for another puppet and odds point to Red J-Jason Garrett.

12. Castro

Castro Member

Not a Cowboy fan but i hope they make it instead of the Eagles.

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rudy is no doubt a smart guy, but his star has faded a bit the past two years. the irony is Sean Payton was Parcell's heir apparent, and after he got the Saint's gig, tried to get the 'boys to trade him Romo, who was a backup at the time. Brees was his fall-back option.

14. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would love to pair Barber with Slaton. Heck, MB III can even play on the same team as his brother - winning solution all around. People in Dallas are clamoring for more PT for Choice and Jones anyway... Get R Done, Morey - I mean Rick Smith.

15. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

All you people saying that they stopped reading after the first sentence, you know I didnt write this correct? I posted this link for you guys...

16. Pete Chilcutt

Its obvious you don't as well..

There is a link :rolleyes:

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It crossed my mind, but you didn't quote it at all so I assumed you were just a dumbass.

18. Pete Chilcutt

Lol, Moes get off your high horse..

Are you happy you the internet popular queen?

1 person likes this.
  19. Obito

You bolded though, did you not?

If you bolded it because it's a stupid statement, than I apologize. If you bolded because you agreed with it, than I stand by my statement.

20. Pete Chilcutt

I didnt bold it, someone quoted me and bolded it...

The point was not to bash the Chargers, but the Cowboys...