1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this Rick Adelman's most talented team on paper?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEXCELANT, Aug 28, 2007.

1. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Ya cause Yao would dunk on Shaq's head now.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I figure that our team will probably only have about 76 to 84 shot attempts a game....and judging from everyone's field goal attempts from last year...we should be ok.

I figure the offense will probably be more efficient with higher field goal %...since we do have more capable scorers and better offensive strategy.

If you look at teams like the Suns and Mavs and even the Spurs...most shots that anyone took was Nowitzki and was 17 per game...which on par with Yao's only thing is Yao is much more efficient scorer.

If you look at James and Francis and Bonzi...all of them really haven't taken alot of shots over the last few years....and even though they will probably take shots away from the likes of Head, Alston, and Battier (who scoring averages will probably drop) which is good thing.

Most teams have about 3 to 4 players taking at least 10 shots per game with about 2 or 3 hovering around 8 to 9 shots a game. Besides, someone or few will probably get injured or miss time...so it will all balance out.

T-Mac will take the most shots (18+a game), while Yao will be around 15 - 17), but his FG% may increase with all the talent around. Cause most teams stack the paint last year against us.

Everyone is unknown factor.

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Battier and Head had TS%'s of .587 and .584, respectively. That's better than anyone on the team not named Yao. And of the players you mentioned, the most efficient scoring year that any had was Mike James's 05-06 season with Toronto, when he had a TS% of .583. Battier and Head are more efficient offensive players than James and much more efficient than Stevie and Bonzi.

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

paper talent -> all talk

winning talent -> is what counts

as long as we get a top 3 seed, get a beatable opponent in the first round (jazz/nuggs), we'll be fine. but i really want to face the mavs though.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I really don't care...I would rather get a team like clippers, Blazers, or Lakers in the first round....save the Jazz and Mavs for the 2nd round or if it all.

What so special about beating the Mavs...they've been ousted the likes of the Heat and Warriors...arguably for being a much worst team than Mavs.

They're super chokers to the power 15...suffered alot of embrassment over the last 2 seasons.

We have nothing to gain from beating the Mavs.

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

what's so special? the refs robbed us of 2 games v. them. ppl think dirk is better than tmac b/c of the mavs. mark cuban. in-state rivals. the buzz when we play them. *******, it'd be sweet.

but yes like u, i take winning a 'chip over anything. but beating them would be sweeter.

my path?
    1st round - beat lakers (tmac punks kobe)
    2nd round - beat mavs (tmac punks dirk)
    3rd round - beat suns/spurs (yao punks amare or duncan)
    finals - beat heat (tmac punks wade and yao punks shaq)

my dream scenario

7. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

What else do you expect us to talk about in the offseason.

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

anyone who thinks we have a better team than the 2001 kings are blind and out of their minds. its sickening how some people overrated this team.

9. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

come on man! if you have a really good team, players don't care who they play. the rockets played the suns in the 1st round of the 95 playoffs without home court advantage........they weren't crapping in their short! :D

man up! :rolleyes:

10. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

that kings team took kobe and shaq to 7 games. please its sickening how yall overrate this rockets team.

11. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

No,you're underating Rockets.

12. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

no, i am not. the same people who overrated us last year are the same ones overrating us now.

last year everyone said, "we are SO DEEP" ...

yet we broke the record with only 4 players scoring in a playoff game. go figure.

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

For this team...like any other team it would be nice to have home-field through out the playoffs and most of it...it never hurt the 90s Bulls or 80s Lakers....because both where usually had the best record in the league.

14. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Rick Adelman automatically improves this team by 8-10 ppg so I look to them scoring to improve to about 106 ppg instead of the 96.98 ppg they scored last year.

15. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Bingo. This team is awesome, on paper.

Those Kings teams overachieved.

16. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i don't think we fear anybody if we have to face them. i don't.

but let's make the job as easy as can be ok? no one cared the heat were one of the worst champions of all time did they? they got a cakewalk through the east.

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

no, we were DEEP last yr if JVG was willing to experiment a lil over the course of the season and take some risks. he wouldn't do that b/c this was the yr he had to show he can win so he didn't take any risk.

if we just had bonzi playing like he should in the playoffs, we beat the jazz pretty easy b/c he would have negated harpring.