1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this my immaturity coming to light?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, May 23, 2014.

1. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

This please, I honestly don't think males or safely mature until late thirties.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

OP must be the a-hole that loves to make fun of mentally-challenged kids. i grew up with a couple of those.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It all comes down to consequences
    So many people have 'dark humor' when it has no effect on them.

I think when consequences start hitting home .. . then it is not so funny
    In fact, their reaction tends to be more outrageous than the norm.

i.e. They will laugh at someone else's funeral
    but
    IF someone laughs at one of their loved one's funerals they ready to fight

Rocket River

4. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

OP needs a good ass whoppen.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Sounds like an anxious response.

7. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Sounds like you've got a LOT of growing up to do.

8. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I thought this would be a thread about chuckling when a random stranger trips or walks into a glass door. Laughing at someone after damaging their vehicle and home isn't immaturity, it's stupidity.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm laughing at this thread. Haha.
    OP is one of those dudes that just doesn't give a ****.
    A lot of people are fake and pretend to be one of those people.

OP is a the real deal, you have no empathy my friend. That is not a good thing.
    Those are literally sociopathic (or was it psychopathic?) characteristics.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Sounds like some low-grade sociopathy, which pertains more to aloofness and emotional irresponsiveness than any real danger.

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

OP probably just needs to get laid. Borrowing your mom's car is not advantageous to such objectives. Get your own damn car. Get laid. Stop amusing yourself with frivolities. Your sadism is obviously not that extreme or you probably would not have posted such a weak example. You are probably just not concerned enough with the poonanny.

13. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

You just accused him of being gay.

14. the shark

the shark Member

When you see people fall (and get hurt) you laugh?

You think this is being immature?

That has NOTHING to do with it. You're an ASS!!!!

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't know ... the irony of driving into your house the very next day after you are entrusted with the car is kind of funny. I could see something like that happening in one of those old TGIF sitcoms.

The problem isn't that you find humor in the situation, but rather that you don't also empathize with the person who is essentially a victim in the situation.

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Still a doosh.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why is everybody scolding the OP. He's coming forward admitting his issue. I guess we have never sinned before and we are all angels going to heaven.

18. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

I don't think that's a fair assumption.

Maybe you just hung out with a bunch of really immature dudes.

19. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

because we're trying to save the OP. he needs to realize that his future has in store for him if he continues being what he is. let me explain.

I'm 27 years old. I have about a dozen and a half friends who were all part of my clique in high school, that I still see relatively often. Well, almost 10 years removed from high school, I can see who has their head on right, and who doesn't. Who works, who is getting married, blah blah.

You wanna know who the ones who didn't accomplish much up this point? The one or two dudes that shared similar personality traits mentioned in the OP.

That kind of attitude in life is detrimental to any kind of success or accomplishment. No one wants to be around those kind of people once everyone gets on in the real world. It might take a few years of barely squeaking by at community college for certain people to realize it, but they eventually get it.

1 person likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I've always had a problem liking someone devoid of empathy. I think it's an important trait for a human being, and when a person either has it in short supply, or lacks it entirely, I have to wonder what's going on in their head. Particularly if they can't find any empathy within for a close family member, or a friend of long standing who has a problem. Like their son driving the car you lent them into your garage door and laughing, when you are immediately wondering what it will cost to repair both the garage door and that car. I think for most people, if they laughed in front of the "victim," it would be much later while talking about the absurdity of it all (assuming there's some absurdity) over a cup of coffee, or a cold drink. My late mother (who did, in fact, drive the family car into the garage door more than once, bless her) would have chuckled later sitting around the kitchen table, had I done what the OP did. She had a fine sense of humor and of irony. But right after the dirty deed? OP, it wasn't a laughing matter.