1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this Local Houstonian really fast - or is it more white male privilege?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, May 1, 2019.

?

Is this

1. white male privilege

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. oppression of minorities

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. really fast guy with privilege

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. privilege

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. merit

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't see what..? I think I've talked about all of those things. You may have also. Whatever else you post, you whine and cry about race more than any minority I know of and certainly more than other people on these boards.

JayGoogle and Harrisment like this.
  2. Senator

Senator Member

You have too much hate in your blood so you're getting aggressive and seeing things. I can recommend a church for you , or you need to take some time away from the computer. I cry about race more than any minority? You have your narratives mixed up.

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Hate? I don't hate on anyone on these boards. You started this thread about race. It's one of many you start about race. You interject race into other threads as well. If you don't like being called for it, then don't do it. Since you do it, and don't show any signs of slowing, then you need to own up to the fact that you moan and complain about race frequently.

No Worries likes this.
  4. Senator

Senator Member

You are calling out yourself, this has nothing to do with me.
    I am very clear about the sensitivity and mob mentality of the far left like yourself and how the backlash led to trump getting elected.
    If you can't deal with PC absurdity and journalists not getting it, then you are part of the problem.
    If you have hate in your heart , that is something you need to address first before pretending the world is out to get you. You have not earned this entitlement...

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Why would I deal with PC absurdity? I hate PC absurdity. I've been against it forever.

Let's take a step back. Which threads have I started in the last three years about race? How many have you started about race? Don't forget to include the one we are posting in now.

If you think folks making fun of white people who act like they are oppressed by the system because of their race is what got Trump elected, then I don't know what to tell you.

What hate do I have in my heart? Why do you keep mentioning that? Where have I posted anything about the world out to get me?

Honestly, your post makes little sense. We are posting in a thread which indicates that you believe the world is out to get the white man. You used an example that has nothing to do with someone's race(a kid running really fast) and tried to make it about race.You are bringing race into things where they weren't before.

Harrisment likes this.
  6. cml750

cml750 Member

I reckon he is just a troll starting threads to create arguments and playing the ultra extreme part on whatever side he takes. Who knows what his true leaning are but there is no way he sits on both sides like he pretends to. The dichotomy makes no sense.

BruceAndre and Harrisment like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

You're selling cohete waaaay short.

8. biff17

biff17 Member

Says the guy who created this thread and decided it should be in the D&D.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This guy is super gritty! He's a player's player! What a hard worker!

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

This guy runs with great fundamentals.

Also, thread is dumb.

cml750, jayhow92 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why in the **** did yall do this?

This should be a BBS thread about something pretty damn cool, a Houston kid setting a national sprint record?

Jesus some of yall are so ****ed in the head.

Rashmon likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

You could also post in the good thread, the not-d&d-thread. You were given the option, and this is your choice.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I haven't seen a thread about this outside of the D&D, I don't check the other sports forum often.

That being said, there's still absolutely no reason for this thread to exist in this manner. You think otherwise?

14. Nook

Nook Member

I know Matt and his family well. He wouldn’t appreciate you using his success as some bizarre talking point.

This thread should really be about Matt’s story and his ungodly talent.

There has been some press coverage on Matt but not like there should be and will be. He is arguably the greatest high school track athlete in nearly 50 years. He dominates at everything he does and doesn’t have a lot of experience.

He is currently the 4th fastest man in the world as a teenager and with limited training. His time last weekend is the fastest time ever ran by a white man and there is a real good chance he ultimately is the fastest man to ever live... not to mention he is a world class athlete at 3-4 other track events and if he chooses to play football at Georgia will likely be dominant at that as well.

Matt has had to deal with a lot of lofty expectations and attention all of a sudden and has handled it all well. He hasn’t let the pressure get to him and has competed and won. He still is just a teenager though that no one gave a second thought to only 16 months ago.

He has only ran the 100 for one year and he is now the fastest high school track athlete ever. He also is the fastest 400 high school runner in the nation, the best in the 200 and the long jump. He probably is the best high jumper in the USA also but we don’t know because he hasn’t done it in over two years.

15. Buck Turgidson

Read this thread.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I did.

It should be locked it's a terrible thread.

17. Buck Turgidson

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

19. Senator

Senator Member

THis ain't no talking point. If this offends you, the problem is you. It's realistically how a large subset of people categorize accomplishments by males who don't suit their narrative, and use their own privilege to get aggressive and defensive without ramification. There's nothing but admiration from myself and everyone I've spoken to. He will make his mark on Tokyo but no one wants to put that much pressure on or hype up a young kid, let it happen naturally.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude you are the one acting entitled. Which ironically is exactly what white privilege is all about - entitlement.

You need to be more self-aware. To dismiss a minority's experiences with race as PC absurdity or over sensitivity demonstrates how entitled you in fact are.

#40 Sweet Lou 4 2, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019