1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this Houston teacher a pedophile?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by stobbartjohn, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She has mental issues, and needs help.

1 person likes this.
  2. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

You don't have to be having sexual fantasies about somebody to find them attractive. If you find somebody attractive you just do, and you can't just stop lol. You were attracted to them and always will be. You can't stop a biological function like that.

Of course, I think what you are trying to say is that you don't act on it which is where the line is drawn. You don't stop finding them attractive though, who or what you fancy is not a choice

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Right... it's not what I was trying to say, it's what I said. I didn't say I'd stop finding them attractive. I did say I'd stop fantasizing about them sexually or whatever.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

As to your question, OP, let me say...
    HILLARY CLINTON emails! FBI, dammit! :mad::mad:

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sometimes 13 year olds get other 13 year olds pregnant. It's not ideal but it happens. In that case, they are both young and dumb. In this case, you have an adult who should know better (plus 2 parents who should also know better) and therefore has more culpability.

To take a parallel example that will no doubt be objected to as not being the same thing: 13 year olds get in schoolyard fights with other 13 year olds all the time. It's not ideal, but they generally get away with a reprimand, maybe a punishment from a school official or a parent. But, a 24 year old getting into a fight with a 13 year old will be handled much differently. The 24 year old has a lot more culpability, even if the 13 year old wanted to fight.

Maybe I take this element of the argument too much for granted and didn't say it explicitly. Besides not being as armed with information and experience as adults do, it has been shown that the brains of children are still developing up all the way through their teenage years. They literally don't have synapses at 13 that they will have by the time they're 20. The statutory age -- that argument from authority -- may be somewhat arbitrary in that we needed as a society to draw a bright line, but it is supported by what we know of the biology of the human brain. It is not only an artifice of government that we said children are too immature to consent, it is a fact of biology that they are literally immature.

6. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

So you'd still find those under the age of 18 sexually attractive which makes you a pedophile by your earlier provided definition

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

yes, exactly. that's my comment on science. it's not just observational science. It's factual science with regard to human brain development.

Look don't take this as me being rude or anything, but it's like I'm in a twilight zone of reading comprehension fail and posters trying to justify why this particular scenario might just be all "fun and games".

Where did I ever say you're a pedophile if you find someone under the age of 18 attractive? I find my own children attractive... and not only are they way under the age of 18... they're my kids!!

I specifically posted some defintions in fact:

"sexual feelings or activities that involve children"
    "sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object"
    "a person who has a sexual interest in children"

Why is this difficult for some to understand?

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Corrected.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The word pedophile is similarly useless as the word cult to me. Reasonable people can disagree both on the term and where it applies but then still agree that the entity is harmful.

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The kid, pimp like his dad Walt!
    [​IMG]

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Normally, I'd say she should be thrown in jail, but after seeing pictures of the kid, it's clear that she loves him for what's on the inside. It's kind of sweet.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

She is a pedophile and a predator

Rocket River

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We have a situation of a 24 year old Teacher having sex with a 14 year old boy

1. Male Teacher and Female Student - Throw him in Jail
    2. Male Teacher and Male Student - Throw him under the jail
    3. Female Ugly Teacher and Male Student - Meh , poor kid but he got some, give her a probation
    4. Female HOT Teacher and Male Student - NICE!! Give that kid a medal and me her number!
    5. Female Ugly Teacher and Female Student - What a travesty - give her jail!!
    6. Female HOT Teacher and Female Student - uhm . .. i need to see the girl and . .. well I'll be in my bunk

NEW AGE:
    7. Female HOT Transgender Teacher (Use to be man) and male student -?????
    7. Male Transgender Teacher (use to be female) and a Female Student - ???

Pedophile use to be an Adult that has sex with a child
    Now we have so many caveats and exceptions and situational definition . . .the word has become useless

Rocket River

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Basically. And as the example I posted showed if the parents approve of your first scenario you throw the dad in jail also (but not the mom)

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

People are really stretching to call this criminal "hot" just to do the South Park thing. She's a Houston 3 in her best angle. An Austin -2 with a masterful photoshop.

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

It doesn't matter if the parents said it was ok or not the basic fact is a teacher-student relationship of this kind is illegal and that is even if the student is of age. She knew better and did it anyway so she is guilty to making the wrong decision because is supposed to be the adult.

18. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Well I'd smash it

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That has never universally been the case which is why the age of consent is so low in many parts of the world. Not everyone is the same. Kids mature at different ages. Boys are affected by sex differently than girls.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Yes. She by definition is a pedophile. She had sex with a 13 year old CHILD. In what world is she NOT a pedophile. A 13 year old male is the same as a 13 year old female in terms of the law.