1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this a realistic trade option?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Poonwalker, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

cerophilik likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

No it's not realistic.

Most likely they won't trade him at all. They are heading to the 5th seed and already have a million picks coming.
    But anyway if he's traded it will take a first for starters and then some. He would be the best available player .

amaru and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

article didn’t even mention what we would possibly give up...it just threw out names and went with the usual copout statement of “if anyone can find a way, it’s Morey” which I hate

amaru and xiki like this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If we trade Capela to the Hawks, we will get Parsons' contract and a protected first.

I bet OKC would trade Gallinari and Noel for Parsons, a protected first and a 2nd rounder. Their board of directors is ruthless, I bet they give 0 f*cks about their seeding.

Both of Gallinari and Noel can walk this summer though, so we would be stupid to make that trade without an extension agreed with at least one of them.

JoeBarelyCares and D-rock like this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Not a chance in hell.

Gallinari makes 22.6m

It would take the contracts of Tucker , House , Nene , Sefolosha , Chandler and GG to reach the bare minimum to bring in his contract.

Bertrans at $7m is doable with Nene , Sefolosha and Chandler ....but that 3-1 is unlikely

amaru, JoeBarelyCares and D-rock like this.
  7. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Need to ship out more salary to make it work. House & Nene would do it.

An ATL top-X protected pick and our second would suffice for Gallinari and Noel? Seems light. I guess add a first/change our 2nd to our first if needed.

Houston gains 3.2 million by this move, which by itself probably makes this a non-starter.

EDIT: Oh, and I.D.D.I.O.T. We have a Random Trade Ideas thread for a reason.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Don't need to up the pick at all. Those 2 guys are FA's, OKC will not demand two firsts for them.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Would have been nice to roll this into the Westbrook trade to begin with, but...Tilman.

Would have been easy with Nene and Shumps bird rights.

RudyTBag, Nook and D-rock like this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He has shown grit! Very lunch pail kind of guy. @Carl Herrera pls confirm

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No! Gallinari is Euro. Euros are not gritty and do not carry lunch pails-- they have two-hour lunches at sit-down restaurants served with wine. Only white players like Kevin Love are gritty!

Nook, Haymitch and J.R. like this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

It is a seller's market this deadline. Plus this summer very few teams will have capspace so you can resign them in a pretty cheap price.

amaru likes this.
  13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Yes but isn't 2 1st rounders for 2 expiring role players above and beyond even a seller's market?

IMO for a rebuilding team - whether their fans want to accept how their board thinks - a first and a second for 2 guys who have no relevance to their future is a seller's market price. In a buyer's market, you could probably pick them up for a 1st.

My chief concern is that we give up Capela and a 2nd for 2 expiring contracts, further eroding our tradable assets. If the summer is going to be a weak market for them, that helps us but I don't like taking that risk tbh. For me there would have to be at least a verbal commitment from one of them.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets deal Capela I don’t see it being for Gallinari.

D-rock likes this.