1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there such a thing as "sleep punching"...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Troy McClure, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Member

Can somone fall asleep , and much like sleepwalking, start swinging their fists at you , and not know it?

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Similar question. How do people get up walk to a room and start pissing on the wall and carpet with out knowing it, and then walk back to the bed and go back to sleep? (they don't remember it the next day) Even when drunk, how is this possible?

.....if anyone remembers my sad sad thread just over a year ago.

I guess overall my question is how do people (if they really do) not know /remember what they did the night before?

As for the sleep punching, I am not sure about that . I guess it would just be a reflex or something? Like moving around a lot in bed?

#2 Uprising, Jan 23, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I had an aunt who did things like this. She was a serious sleepwalker - sometimes walking down the street and ringing neighbor's doorbells. Fortunately, the whole neighborhood knew them and knew the situation.

One night, my uncle woke up with my aunt sitting on top of him and pounding on his chest with her clinched fists. When he woke her, she was having a dream that he was someone who had broken into their house and she was stabbing him with a kitchen knife. Good thing she didn't go to the kitchen first!!! :eek:

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW! No kidding! :eek:

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I had a roommate who used to sleepwalk. Often he would go to sleep in his room only to wake up on the couch or something.

Myself, I merely have the odd habit of sleeping with my eyes open.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Freddie Prinze Jr. sleep punched his wife, Sarah Michelle Gellar, in the face. At least that's what she claimed on one of the talk shows. . .

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The only way to escape Freddie is to wake up.

8. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

damn moes, i have missed a lot in chat recently...

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

for sure G.

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

my uncle punched my aunt in the eye in his sleep one night. i think they had to try real hard to convince the police that that's what actually happened and not to automatically press charges (and if you know my uncle he wouldn't do something like this in a million years). luckily they didn't.

as far as simply not remembering what happened the night before that seems relatively easy. i mean i've fallen asleep on the couch and then woken up in bed the next morning and just not remembered my mom waking me up and getting me upstairs.

and pretty much the only time i've ever been really drunk i don't remember a thing about my friend getting us all in a taxi and back to the hotel and luckily didn't remember most of the throwing up i apparently did that night.

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I know a guy that bit his girlfriend in his sleep in the ear one night. Apparently he dreamed he was being chased by the Master Chief who was duel wielding a rocket launcher and an SMG. Now what led him to bite his girlfriend in the ear, I don't know...

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who called the police?

13. coma

coma Contributing Member

This reminds me of that link someone posted awhile back about the wife who slept around amd claimed that she was 'sleep-sleeping-around'.

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Yeh, ... I was asleep, ... that's the ticket.

15. droxford

droxford Member

He must have been dreaming that he lived in a Texas trailer park

-- droxford

16. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

This probably wasn't the case with your uncle, but I heard way, way too many stories like this when I was prosecuting cases. "We got into an argument, it was my fault really." "I accidentally fell down carrying groceries." "We were both drunk, who knows what happened." Etc. Women will call the police, maybe even give a statement, but eventually they all make up excuses and lies to prevent their boyfriend/husband/sig other from getting convicted. It's really, really sad.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

In college, my friends had a good laugh one night, when I was sleep fighting. I was swinging at Christian Laettner and cursing him out. LOL. I didn't hate him before that, but afterward, I really did. Strange but true.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I use to to sleep walk often. One morning in Jr. High I couldn't find my pillow and I found it in the middle of the front yard. Another time I found my pillow in the neighbors driveway.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I had a girlfriend in college who used to punch me in bed all the time. I mean, she was actually awake but still...

It was pretty weird.