1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the UFC game worth it?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TheGreat, Jun 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I just got done playing this game with a friend and IT was really fun and intense when we were playing. Do you guys think it is worth it to pay 60 dollars to get the game?

Thanks for you time! :)

2. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Yes it is. It will be money well spent. The game is addicting, especially the online mode. I had a hard time figuring out the ground game, but once I did, I'm dominating.

#2 Legend Killer, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Yea man, I heard the ground is really hard to counter and stuff. Can you give me some tips before I buy it, haha.

4. nkbearsnk

nkbearsnk Member

^^^^ Agreed!

Bought it the day it came out.....have not been able to put it down.

Already have ran through 4 characters and am now building guys I grew up watching...Tank Abbott, Don Frye, Dan Severn, etc.....

It is worth it.

5. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

The ground stuff isn't too difficult once you figure it out. I guess it's probably tough for some people not familiar with jiu-jitsu, judo and wrestling but just play the tutorial a bunch and you'll be fine.

6. nkbearsnk

nkbearsnk Member

Go through the tutorial and go slow. Learn each move like it is cake.

Biggest thing I learned is to go easy on the Right Toggle.....most transitions are subtle....

Any more help let me know.

7. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

After getting destroyed every time I played online, I spent A LOT of time on the tutorials. I spent time working on the defense and the reversals.

8. 3d-homer

3d-homer Member

It's pretty fun if you have friends to keep playing the game with. The career kind of sucks, come year 2018 you're still fighting all the same fighters and they are all still the same age.

Plus you get used to the counters and straight out dominate the other fighter pretty easily. To me it isn't worth it, but I have a couple of friends that can't get enough of the game.

9. Asian Sensation

I love the game. For the PS3 When you guys are in a submission hold how do you guys get out of the submission? Do you use the brute force CIRCLE BUTTON or Right analog stick ? And same thing for applying the submission and making opponent submit.... Circle or Right stick?

10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I also bought it the day it came out. I play it every day, its a great game.

11. nkbearsnk

nkbearsnk Member

For me.....to get out of one is pure brute force. Works 99% of the time.

To sink one in, I use the Right analog. I cant button mash fast enough to get the job done.

12. Asian Sensation

What exactly do you do with the Right analog? I still havent figure it out. do you press it? twist it a certain direction? just move it real quick?

And how do you transition from half guard to north-south or whatever to the full mount where you can bash on the guy?

Sometimes I get owned by people in like 20 secs where they just slam me and I get mounted and ground and pounded to death. I gotta learn that.

13. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I bought it and love it....Ground game is difficult since I'm not a gamer. Been on the tutorials all week.

14. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

It ain't worth the 60 dollars to me. good game but too much BS online. I got mines used but am thinking about returning it. I aways get cheated in a fight. How da **** do you reverse someone too? I can never get it but my oppenent does it all the time to me.