1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the NBA using magnets in the rim and on the black laces of the basketball to manipulate games?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by StroudAndYorDaddy, Mar 18, 2024.

?

Do you think some of these historic scoring performances are manipulated by the nba

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Ancient Moabite

Same reason those who follow WWE and their extension brands and others watch movies etc knowing they are scripted as well

Plus in order for you to speak on something you have to watch/study it to some degree at least, or that would be just ignorant (box score only watchers)

The thing is all sports have a bread crumb trail of cheating etc going back to MLB in the early 1900s

Even recently they were talking about juicing the baseballs, and in NFL the receivers wear sticky gloves

And thru it all millions still follow the entertainment

It is what it be

Ubiquitin likes this.
  2. Rokman

Rokman Member

There is so much money wrapped up in sports and so many industries require the survival of it that they can't allow it to fail lest some ridiculous percentage of our economy gets destroyed. I haven't seen the web of impact just the game of basketball has on manufacturing companies, hotel services, food and beverage companies, gambling, etc but it's got to be unbelievably large. Too big to fail.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  3. Chronz

Chronz Member

Yes. It's beyond obvious that it's rigged. I just didn't want to see it cuz I was a fanatic.

Crashlanded19 and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. Chronz

Chronz Member

What ref?

Players don't need to be in on ****

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think he's on to something

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would love for a clutchfans enginner to do the math on how strong the electromagnets would have to be to divert the heavy ball heaved from 20' away on a dime.

I guarantee you couldnt hide the magnets and batteries inside the ball without every player in the league realizing something was off.

Guessing that's MRI level magnets, but I don't see where they are going to mount said magnets.

I dont think this theory is physically possible and if it was, pretty sure everybody on the court would have to be "in on it". Also, what happens when the trainer brings his steel shears for cutting tape within 20' of said magnitar level magnets? What happens to the electronics and credit card mag strips of the people sitting behind the basket when said super-magnets pass by?

This theory is physically somewhere between vanishingly improbable and physically impossible to engineer, imo.

Would love someone who could potentially build such a system to tell me why im wrong.

#46 Ottomaton, Mar 21, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    Patience, arno_ed, MadMax and 2 others like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

If this duo of esteemed scienticians couldn't figure out how to make the magnets work, nobody can

[​IMG]

MadMax and Ottomaton like this.
  8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's simply Adam Silver's Magic.

9. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Dead wrong. Wemby averaged 21 pts / 10 rbs the year before the NBA. That info is easy to find. How can you be so certain, yet so staggeringly off?

On that even, of how low stats overseas players increase in NBA.. Euro/FIBA leagues are only 10 minute quarters, less overall minutes per game. Then its slower pace, less possessions per game. Already lessened stats. More, euro coaching approach is more bench heavy, less minutes for starters. Even lesser stats

Then they can have more "share the ball" approach even with their stars. Compared to NBA of high usage for best players. (Some teams might have ball dominance for their best players, but a lot dont). Sometimes their young stars even come off the bench, not "gifted minutes" unlike the US approach. Its difference between more wide open China league of guys scoring 40ppg, compared to more tactical talented euro leagues

Basically, its how Lebron is "only" a 14ppg scorer in Team USA / FIBA play. (Or even NCAA ball with Devin Booker as a good example.) Take that approach, and apply it to entire euro leagues.

lakersuck2 and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Hey the gerematria guy is back with a new handle!
    ahahahah dumass

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Bro you just don't get it. It's cuz you got vaccinated and have those 6g chips in your semen.

I studied electrical engineering at UT, I know what I'm talking about. You could totally do this with nothing more than a flux capacitor and a thin copper flangiker. I could make the ball dribble from half court while sitting in the nosebleeds.

Ottomaton likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That dude trying to describe what a "vector" is had me cringe.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Victor?

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What's your vector, Victor?

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Where is Kyrie Irving when you need him?

18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

My problem with any conspiracy is the sheer number/kinds of people that would have to keep their mouths shut in order to maintain that conspiracy. The NBA has over 500 players a year, many of which don't stick around for very long. Is Dashien Nix made aware of the conspiracy when he joins the league? What stops those guys from getting high and telling all their friends and blowing up the secret. Gilbert Arenas has a podcast and says stupid **** every week.

If you're saying that the conspiracy is only from higher up then I'll say the same thing as with the draft lottery conspiracy theory: remember that the NBA is governed by the 30 owners. They are the real top bosses of the NBA, not Silver. You think these egomaniacs would agree to using magnets to make their teams lose and not say anything about it? You really think Tilman Fertitta would agree to let someone screw him over? Yeah right.

Patience likes this.
  19. jayland

jayland Member

You realized this 17 years too late. The magician David Blaine already exposed the magnets back in 2007.

jchu14 likes this.
  20. StroudAndYorDaddy

holy ****

how have i never seen this before