1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the Ketchup and Mustard Back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, Jan 5, 2013.

1. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

At first I didn't care much for those jerseys when they came out. But now im starting to like them more, when you see harden and lin wear them. I believe a lot of rockets fans are starting to like them more too

2. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

its starting to feel like the astros when every where if someone was wearing astros gear it was orange and blue. then the astros started wearing all the throw backs then eventually went to the orange and blue uniforms now.. maybe the rockets will follow suit.. i would prefer much less yellow tbh.. the alternate is better than th emain jersey but the yellow is distracting.. keep the yellow on the trim and that should be the only place..

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I agree we need some new colors, but why signify "the start of a brand new era" by recycling retro colors? Come up with something new and cool instead of running around like human hotdogs.

4. TebowTime

TebowTime Member

I really hope with whatever jersey design they choose to adopt, they use a crew-neck collar rather than a v-neck collar. I really hate how the current jerseys has this really dumb sleeveless shirt design to it.

5. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

oh lordy :grin:

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

But I like the human hotdog look!

7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Only 2 trophies we've seen the Rockets' win. Only Finals appearances for that matter.

8. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

It seems they are sticking with them for a bit. I dont mind them at all. Harden looks damn good in them

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

They are awful! The material is awful, and the cut is horrible!

10. Sen89

Sen89 Member

These are nice. The homes (with the same design) would look clean with mostly white, and would make the red/yellow trim pop more.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Rockets should go old logo and jerseys with current color combo.

Basically where there is yellow on the old logo replace it with silver or gray (whatever the color is called)

14. prs325

prs325 Member

I like the retro warm ups too...

15. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

red and yellow for me is not ketchup and mustard
    its basically blood and pus

16. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

These ketchup & mustard alt unis are a billion times better than the regular monstrosities, sigh I'll be really sad when they wear those again.

They looks even better like that! Good stuff bmd, I hope Morey steals your idea :p

17. RedRespect

RedRespect Contributing Member

Love the retro colors! Brings back memories of the championship days. I'm all for using them again permanently for our uniforms.

Red symbolizes passion, intensity, courage and aggression.

Yellow symbolizes optimism, happiness, honor and loyalty.

Reminds me of The Dream.

18. onreego

onreego Member

Looks good. Typeface needs to change too which would probably require a logo change as well.

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

We're not McDonalds so why would you want these colours?? The only reason they look good is because the alternative is large grey stripes on a bland red jersey with a terrible font (the one before was fine, why it changed..beats me!). Forget nostalgia, we need to have some fire colours. Red, orange and yellow/gold!

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

I think I read something before about how the ownership doesn't really make any money from the jerseys and that most of it goes to the NBA--which may be why Les Alexander has been apathetic about changing up the jerseys.