1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the Dwightmare REALLY over ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketblood713, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketblood713

So if Dwight Howard can become a FA again in 2016 does that mean he is still trying to go to Brooklyn or somewhere else or what ??

...just something that came to me and made think how long is he or does he REALLY want to be with the Rockets ????

2. yo

yo Contributing Member

delete

3. yo

yo Contributing Member

Everyone has a maximum number of years for a contract, man. If we win games and/or championships, no reason he shouldn't stay. If we don't, trade bait. Jeez, I swear some of you guys are like pubescent females.

4. rocketblood713

ok got it it just made me wonder u know if things go bad the first 2 years or we don't get as far as we thought he probley would leave to some other team lol

5. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Please. Don't refer to D12 wanting to leave that last year before he decided to do 1 more with Orlando before leaving for LA.

to

The Rockets and the Max Contract.

the "dwightmare" was because Orlando desperately wanted to keep him and he wanted to leave. it was a foregone conclusion that even if D12 stayed 1 more year he would leave afterwards.

Try not to compare normal contract expirations in the NBA to - the desire to leave Orlando, and the full-court press Orlando presented to guilt D12 to staying 1 more year so they could get another year to convince him to resign with the O.

6. hcw128

hcw128 Member

hopefully yes
    he'll suck at free throw and cost us some game, and his attitude may be targeted by fans, so we'll see

7. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

I think you're referring to the player option that he has in his last year of the contract. Honestly, I think that's just a personal money making decision by Feigan, since he's 28 now. He's going to look for that one last big contract once his tenure w/ the Rockets end, as a center at the age of 31(?).

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

that's what she said

9. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Max amount of years we could give him.

Also he can now opt out right before the cba could possibly expire (similar to what lebron did in 2010) and resign for another big contract.

Just can't see him leaving assuming that harden stays.

Most amazing thing about this all is dwight will only be 30 at that time and harden will on be 26/27. Simply incredible.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hopefully the Dwightmare is just beginning for the rest of the league.

1 person likes this.
  12. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

I think you should STFU.

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

By 2016, 95% of Brooklyn's lineup will have retired or be nearing retirement

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

rocketblood next time you want to start a thread please step away from the computer and ask yourself "Does this actually enrich the community?" Because if you had practiced that, this post would never have appeared.

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

1. He will be out of his prime by then, we will not give a DAMN if he leaves
    2. IF we win championships, or be a contender by then he's lock in here forever. Why will he want to leave for Brooklyn? He'll be out of his prime he will not be a drama, diva anymore.
    3. This thread is stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.