1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Taylor still better than Kenny?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D. ILLEST 1, May 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. D. ILLEST 1

D. ILLEST 1 Member

He doesn't rebound, he got busted, he doesn’t play with the necessary desire, and you say he'll start over Kenny. Now he's showed how comitted he is to the organization and got FAT. Do you still want to trade the third best player on the team. I'm talking to Sane and the rest of you Kenny HATERS.

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Yes Mo Taylor is better than Kenny. And let me give you a little fun fact , big Mo tore his achilles tendon. That is the large tendon running from the heel of the bone to the calf muscle. Rehab or no rehab who wouldnt get fat. And I love Kenny Thomas.

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

When are you going to get it through your head that people don't hate Kenny. I mean how could anyone possibly hate Kenny? He's just the only player that has some trade value and we would be willing to trade. Wouldn't you agree that SOME changes needed to be made?

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

3 Kenny threads in two days.

OK, you're no longer my Hero of the Week ;)

btw: it is the 3rd Time Mo's been busted. You don't get suspended until the 3rd Time. And we likely knew nothing about the 1st two when we signed him, because player privacy is written into the CBA.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

This isn't about Mo vs Kenny to the majority of us. It's about who is the better fit for us.

If Taylor is in shape next season, he starts plain and simple.

He is a complementary piece, who has a smooth stroke and doesn't have to go one on one all the time to score.

Thomas, while improving, got his numbers this year by using his one on one foot speed mainly. His jumper is inconsistent and looks ugly going up.

Therefore if and I know its a big if, Mo is healthy and in shape next season he should start because with Steve and Cuttino we need a big man who can catch and shoot like Taylor, rather than a one on one player like KT.

Do I like Kenny? Yes. Is he starter material in this league or for us? In my honest opinion, No. Thus, I am for trading him to get the center or sf we need unless we can acquire those pieces without him and keep him happy as a potential 6th man of the year candidate.

6. man532

man532 Member

I wish we could start Kenny at the 3 spot and see what happens. Better rebounder and defender than anyone else, except for Eddie Garnett in the making

I think MoTaylor healthy is a better scoring option than Kenny, however, I prefer Kenny on the Defensive end and rebounding. However, we ALL know Rudy prefers a forward that can score and being from Michigan doesn't hurt Mo either.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus, dude. You have an awful lot of anger in you about people suggesting that Kenny Thomas might get traded. For the record, we know your position now, there really wasn't a need to start another thread on this. Just calm down, and accept for a moment that people MIGHT NOT hate Kenny, but MIGHT IN FACT just want to improve the team by utilizing one of our best values right now, and a value that we will have difficulty fully appreciating in the future with the backlog of PFs. Just step away from the keyboard, man. If Kenny Thomas were an ice-cream flavor, he would be pralines and dick. Everything is going to be okay.