1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Sean Elliott the most biased commentator in the nba?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Rocketeer4Life

There is no one more biased and baseless/illogical than Clyde.
    I would rather listen to Elliot than Clyde any day.
    In fact, I watch away game telecasts in League Pass when the Rockets play at home just to avoid Clyde. Bull, Bill and Craig are cool though.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Elliott is way over the top. But the overreaction on this board from the Spurs 2 point blowout was ridiculous. Poor Harden (39pts 12 asts) should just retire and the Rox should cancel the rest of the year.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Elliott just bitter that we failed his physical. Then promptly won a championship with Bullard.

...and Robert Horry.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Elliot sucks.

But atleast he's consistent, he's been like this for years.

5. anchel

anchel Member

There with Bullard and Clyde.

6. DreamEarlNolan

It sucks that because of where I live I'm forced to watch the Mavericks and Spurs broadcast whenever the Rockets play them. I can somewhat tolerate the Mavericks broadcast team, but Sean Elliot is insufferable. I watched the whole game last night with the volume on mute.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Nope, not true. People don't say that about Frazier, or others. They say it about Elliott, Heinsohn, the guy from the Jazz, and a few others.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Probably the worst alongside Dreclwr and the Jazz clowns

9. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I don't mind local broadcasts being homers because you know they are pandering to the audience and sticking with their team but this guy is something else.

10. rocketseagles07

As much as I don't like Clyde I really don't see how you guys don't see bull is just as bad if not worse...

11. WestendMassive

It's probably because Denver is irrelevant that nobody notices, but Scott Hastings has to be up there with Heinson and Elliott.

12. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i still remember when elliot was crowning the spurs a champs with 47 seconds to go vs the Heat and then Ray allen hit that 3....

13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The mute button is your friend.

14. threepointshot3

It is hilarious. Everytime he says " WE" LOL.We need to score. We need to run more flex cuts. We need to rebound better ...

15. AB423

AB423 Member

I was wondering who was that idiot commentating for the Spurs last night.. he was annoying as ****.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Outside fans b**** about homerism from Bill Worrell and Drexler/Bullard but every game I've watched of theirs, they always praise the opponent multiple times in a game. They always have something highly praiseworthy to say about opponent players.
    Sean Elliot the whole night was just ******** on the Rockets, especially their D, to a point where if the Spurs lost( and boy were they close to losing), he would pigenhole hole himself into a corner where the only acceptable drawn conclusion is that the Spurs belong in the NBDL.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sean Elliot is a little puss. He was when he played, and he is even more so as a commentator.

Commentators have two ways to go and BOTH are acceptable.
    1. They can try and be impartial.
    2. They can be home team cheerleaders.

The difference with Elliot is that unlike just rooting for the Spurs, he'll deny or ignore what actually happens on the floor. And he does it, in a passive aggressive whiny kind of way that assumes he is correct all of the time.

With Bullard, Bill, and Clyde, they are definitely rooting for the Rockets to win, but they'll admit when the Rockets foul and make mistakes.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The spurs announcers are bad. Way too homerific, but the rockets announcers are not any better. Bull is way more homerific than Clyde. Clyde just says random stuff that makes no sense.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never wanted to watch him as a player, never will watch him commenting on Television!

20. Rickem

Rickem Member

Which one is it?

From what I've seen, every game there are examples of Elliott complimenting the opponent, and criticizing the way the Spurs' play.

As far as his homerism, I'd imagine spending 28 years with that team, having his jersey hanging from the rafters, and their culture explains the constant 'we' usages.

Conversely, the Kings' broadcast team is the most neutral and impartial I've heard. Definitely give them a try next time Houston plays Sac.