1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is SA the only west playoff team that we match up well against?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justbuckets, Mar 13, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I feel like this squad can bring forth a championship level defensive effort, when the occasion calls for it. Some individual guys may be questionable defenders, but we have also seen them play off of each other.

We will be a different team in the playoffs, no doubt in my mind

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The Rockets would be favored against every team that is not SAS (even) the Clips (slight underdogs) and Thunder (somewhat underdogs).

3. jdhu

jdhu Member

Maybe I am drinking the kool-aid, but I really only think LAC and OKC should put fear into Rockets' fans. The rest, GSW can get hot, but Rockets should win. Spurs are always good, but Rockets seem to play them well this year. MEM isn't what they used to be, PHX is an overachiever, and Portland is probably a 6-game series for the Rockets.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You have to realize that Houston plays at a fast pace and the other team will therefore put up a lot of shots. And the opponent will also get more shots because of the turnovers.

Otherwise they are great haha

5. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

in a 7 game series, I think we take any team in the west deep if not win it. Remember, one game against OKC at home we scored 70+ pts in a half and then had an abysmal second half collapse. That doesn't happen again. We were down 19 pts and came back to within 5 in this last game after a stretch of beating the Pacers (who we also didn't match up against the first meeting), the Heat, and the Blazers (where we spent all of our magic getting that win). We took the Thunder to 6 games last year without Howard.... I think we could give them a run for their money in a series. The only team I'm REALLY worried about is the Clippers who seem to shoot and play in constant beast mode against us. They're our new Super Sonics.

6. Official

Official New Member

The biggest issue with the Rockets defensively is defensive rebounding. We rank 21st in DRB%. It baffles me because Orlando was ranked 1st in DRB% during their three year reign as an elite team and this is with Rashard Lewis at PF.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Dallas, Portland, Phoenix, Spurs, San Antonio.

8. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Better yet, let SA take down OKC and LAC first, and then we take on SA :p

9. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

we want portland.

spurs/warriors could maybe go either way. def wouldn't be surprised if we lost to the spurs (they are the spurs...)...and maybe wouldn't be surprised if we lost to now healthy warriors too.

we'd lose to okc and lac. prob even memphis could give us a great challange if we faced em. west is brutal.

10. Play07

Play07 Member

@basketballtalk "I watch what the Bulls are doing to the Rockets, then remember a couple days ago the Spurs handled the Bulls. Spurs playing so well now."

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

SA would handle the rockets. Not the same team we were playing earlier this year.

12. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

People we are 2-1 vs GS as well almost 3-0...the panic on this site is annoying as hell.

13. DocRock

DocRock Member

Pretty sure the 2 wins came without Iguodala. GSW is almost an even matchup. Their D is better on paper, our O is better. Jermaine O'neal might or might not completely shut Dwight down. Curry might or might not go napalm once he figures out all it takes is a screen to take any of our perimeter defenders completely out of a play. Iggy can't stop Harden but he could push us into Bev/Parsons/TJ iso-while-Harden-stands-around Mode.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We have the Blazers and Warriors numbers.

It will be a toss up with the Grizzles, Mavericks and Clippers IMO.

Yes we match up with the Spurs but in the playoff's it will be hard to beat them.

If we make it to the WCF and play the Thunder, we all know these jokers have our number.

My playoff's predictions:

Rockets 4-2 against the Blazers
    Rockets 4-2 against the Warriors
    Rockets 4-3 against the Mavericks
    Rockets 4-3 against the Grizzles
    Rockets 4-3 against the Clippers
    Spurs 4-2 against the Rockets
    Thunder 4-2 against the Rockets