1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Russell Westbrook already the best PG in the League?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Zackery, Nov 24, 2012.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

When you train someone's backup, and then harp against the starter without mentioning the conflict of interest? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what.. I thought coach Nick was just a some high school basketball coach, when did he become a trainer for Jackson. The video he posted was an interview with Reggie Jackson, he has similar videos with a bunch of NBA players.

1 person likes this.
  3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

ooof, :( I saw the video RJ video last year during the lockout, and when I saw the later videos of him about WB I assumed he was just a major jack***. I'm a schmuck either way for not checking.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

WB is starting the season slow like last year. OKC is a team in transition right now and WB is feeling his way. He's just now starting to find his stride after playing like a dog. Let's see where this goes.

CP3 is the best PG in the NBA. Not saying that couldn't change by season's end, but I doubt it.

OT: I only watched a little of the Clippers/OKC game, but it seems that CP3 and WB no longer hate each others guts. Wonder if that's because of the Olympics.

5. QazQay

QazQay Member

I believe that CP3 is not only the best pg in the league right now, but that he's the best all time.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

How old are you?

7. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

LOL GOOD JOKE BRO

8. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

By the end of the season the only place westbrook is gona be is fishing cause thunder wont make it out of the second round cause of his dumbass play

9. QazQay

QazQay Member

Morey believes so too:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/10mrkx/iam_the_houston_rockets_gm_ama/c6ezsno?context=3

It makes sense though. In all sports where athleticism is important, athletes have gotten much better in more recent years. Running is a good example of this. Guards today are FAR more athletic than in past times, and this is part of the reason why NBA offenses have shifted recently to become more guard oriented rather than relying on a big man--guards are just better at scoring and so are the more efficient option. It would make sense that CP3 is a better pg than past pgs.

I think the only past pg you can make a case for is Magic Johnson, but even he is a little overrated due to 1) playing on the Lakers 2) winning multiple championships with the help of a stacked team 3) being 6'9 and a flashy player. But he couldn't shoot 3s at all, and he was a weak defender (especially in todays game).

10. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

point guard who cant make an entry pass to the 2nd best player in the league

11. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Westbrook with an excellent 4th quarter!
    1-5 and 2 turnovers, so good!

12. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

Derrick Rose.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He is a spectacular basketball player. But the fact that he plays with one of the most explosive scorers in NBA history, and consistently takes more shots than him kind of eliminates any argument on him as best PG.

The thunder need a PG to run that show. I was actually more surprised they didn't go harder after Kidd. They just need a level headed decision maker, not Magic Johnson. Westbrook simply dominates the ball to the detriment of the team.

He may be one of the 10-15 best players in the league though.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Without seeing Magic play, you dismiss him off with 3 vague reasons that do nothing to prove your point. MJ was "flashy" too.

CP3 has no hope of ever being as good as Magic. He's physically incapable. Shooting is the one thing he's better at. If you ask the current 32 GMs who they would take, it would be 31/32 for Magic (assuming Morey would be an exception). Morey drafted Joey Dorsey and Royce White. I didn't realize his opinion was absolute truth. You go with Morey; I'll stay in the sane world.

15. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Did CP3 retire?

16. SunsRocketsfan

these videos seem awfully bias.. if he makes those shots you cant say they are bad plays.. It almost seems like you can do these type of videos with any player.. just find all their bad passes, missed passes and missed shots and analyze it like you know what your talking about.. LAME..

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This.

/thread :grin:

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

CP3
    D Will
    D Rose
    Rondo
    Westbrook
    Nash

19. SK34

SK34 Member

Too many great point guards. I think its CP3 because of how he leads his team.

ITs goes like this:
    1. CP3
    2. Rondo
    3. Rose (from when he was healthy - not sure how he'll come back)
    4. Brook
    5. Dwill

20. QazQay

QazQay Member

I say:
    1. CP3
    2. Rose
    3. Parker
    4. Westbrick
    5. DWill
    6. Irving
    7. Lowry