1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Rockets Small Ball Strategy Proving To Be A Mistake--First Take Hot Take

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Feb 10, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not savior, rotation player.

Better fit than Kenneth Faried. LOL

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Perspective isn’t the same as a moral victory.

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

LOL

jerryclark likes this.
  4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Stop watching these shows your IQ goes down 25% with each viewing.

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Like I got in my sig...

We got 2 MVPs still in their prime... why cant we build a team that can simply beat the competition straight up?

If you're a lower or midrange team then you can swing for the bleachers with whatever high risk / high reward gimmick you wanna run... you gotta gamble to try to make up the shortcoming in talent...

but damn... we got 2 MVPs... GSW is wounded... why cant we just stop screwing around with these different scenarios where we run something out to the nth degree (3s, isos, small ball, etc...) and just run a full rotation and just win?

This org jus has an inferiority complex... stuck in this mindset that we need to find some 'new way to win' - bc we cant take care of business straight up...

2 MVPs....

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Starts from coaching ... and then the owner, then the GM. Harden can be reasonable and show he can adapt. This is a result of the style we play compounded by an owner unwilling to spend.

kjayp likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No but midget ball is! Watch a Rockets game at double the speed and play the Benny Hill theme song. Trust me it is awesome.

DaDakota likes this.
  8. JackLordsHair66

True but it’s still a loss,’don’t think we can elevate our standing in he seeding based on perspective.... that was another “tough” loss we “should have” won, but it’s still a loss and as they mount up so does our chances of being knocked out in the first round from my perspective. We pissed away mother late 4th quarter lead, which has happened with such regularity this year i come to expect it which is a bummer.

9. JackLordsHair66

Hard to do when the owner has decided to talk about going all in but not to “go all in”. In fairness we may not have down so even if Les had still been the owner but I doubt he would have hamstrung Morey over trade exceptions, MLE’s, and any other options DM could have used to add depth and reasonable talent to the 17/18, 18/19 teams like Tilman did. This guy is a a straight up mouth that doesn’t have any intentions of flopping through on making the team the best it can be to win a championship now ! How mouth writes checks he has no intention of writing ...

kjayp likes this.
  10. dawesome

dawesome Member

I think the concept of small ball is not wrong. It could be fun to watch. WB and JH are complementing each other. Their offense creates many open look for 3 pointer. We are just not making at the rate we are supposed to. JH should try to go more for mid range too. But how far this concept could go, not too sure.. There's possibility though.

11. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

we dont have Ariza, prince, Anderson, green and cp3, we are not a strong 3 point team now. also we dont have caplea in the center. We cannot expect we can pass the 1st round playoff this year

tycoonchip likes this.