1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Pat Bev really better than Aaron Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Apr 1, 2013.

1. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I know Pat Bev has been with the team longer than AB so he deserves time ahead of AB.. Maybe I'm still a fan boy of him. Pat Bev's defense is better thou.

[​IMG]

Discuss

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Better defense and better at running the offense.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

nah. beverly has been playing really well for us, and it would be a mistake to mix up the roster like that this close to the playoffs. don't fix what ain't broke

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Beverley reminds me of Lowry.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Beverly hellz yeah better than AB..

6. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

As far as effort and heart I agree.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I love AB, and was really glad when we signed him. I thought he would make a big impact so have been disappointed, but I feel like Beverley has earned his spot as the 2nd PG. But at the same time I think Brooks could thrive in our system, and given the opportunity could put up bigger numbers than Lin and Beverley.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

defensively, yes.

Offensively, hell no. AB hasn't even been given a chance to integrate. People forget his MIP year, and its not like it was ages ago. It was just a couple of years back and he is still young.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Haven't seen enough of Brooks to know where he is at as a player at this point.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Better than AB? Almost certainly. Based on admittedly a limited sample of Pat's play, he is better than AB was even back in 2009-10 and there is no reason to believe that AB is better now.

In fact, Pat is probably either equal to or better than Jeremy Lin, too. Lin may have a somewhat higher ceiling but Pat is right now the more effective player. Kind of a push between the two for me. Would not mind trading either to fill a greater need. Wouldn't mind having either as my starting PG.

#10 Carl Herrera, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

we are on the same page. i know what AB can do on the offense end. whether AB's defense can get better is still in question but AB and PB are similar regarding their body size and athletism (am I right?). defense is all effort. if he put his effort there. he could be as good as PB.

12. WNBA

WNBA Member

AB is our lucky charm. 2nd round playoff again.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Beverly can't shoot worth of crap, I have to disagree with you there. I would rather have Lin as a starter but having Bev finish games is the right thing. He is more stable. The problem is we run into dry spells and "can't shoot Beverly" doesn't help.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Here we go....... getting the popcorn ready.

15. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

The real question is: Is Lin better than Brooks?

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yea. There are certain times on the court when I'm like yea, Bev would probably be better if the other team's PG is big and can out muscle him. If AB has his offensive game back that masks his defensive deficiencies more than Bev's defense masks his offensive efficiency. We are an offensive team so that makes sense. I like Lin running the PG spot because he is more of a PG than Brooks, but when he is off its nice to have a good shooter in teh game. With Beverly you have someone that can't shoot when Lin is off too.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

oops I forgot that was a troll question. Let CH's derailing of threads as the masses flock to answer that begin.

18. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

hell no, you're delusional. i know your opinion and you know my opinion. you can't convince me and i can't convince you. so no more argument. i am tied to debate on who is better btw PB and Lin. that's it.

19. dudeimfromhtown

Bev should be our starting point guard he wins us game

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

Forgot Jeremy Lin was the next Reggie Miller...