1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Murray watching the raptors?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 30, 2019.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes, there's objectively a significant talent gap. Of course it matters, that's why teams aim to acquire talent. I don't understand what you're trying to say, but if it includes the idea that talent doesn't matter, there's nothing we need to discuss lol

HP3 likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wonder if he watched tonight.

Reactivate narrative that the rockets would beat anyone in history except the warriors.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

There is, apparently, no greater jinx to a team than having Clutchfans telling Morey to watch them. First Blazers, now this.

Not that all hope is loss with the Raptors, though. It was a Foster Brothers game tonight after all.

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

They faced the best looking GSW in some time and still it came to Andre 3 pointer. Raptors are good. Btw half of the shots i saw Thompson and Kawhi take were from midrange, i guess they are dumb for it and wont ever win a ring. Meanwhile ringless Murray with Beard and pringels know better what it takes to win a ring

smp, hakeem94 and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No, Dude. You know better what it takes to win a ring.
    Good post: easy to copy and paste everyday while being a f'ing moron.

HP3, MorningZippo and hakeem94 like this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

but I'm just repeating what champions say. Im moron for listening to Kobe Bryant, Pippen, Curry, LeBron, MJ, Kerr on what it takes to win a ring in NBA and you're the smart one for listening to fat Morey? ok you right

smp and mastan like this.
  7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

The point I'm making is that the Rockets played better defense in the playoffs when our defensive coaches were specifically able to target another teams offensive strategy and devise a switching dominant defensive scheme for it. They were better at defense than other more 'defensively talented' teams. What I'm saying is the evidence is contrary to your statement that "it's not the scheme", when it is.

Yes, of course talent in general has a roll to play because your team has to have the talent to pull off the defensive scheme designed and most good defensive schemes require good talent.

I understand that, but to say 'it's not the scheme' is asinine. It is literally all about the scheme. Rudy Gobert's defense would suck if their scheme had him on the perimeter all game long & Utahs defense would suck if they let their players choose to play however they want as if they just checked into a pick up game. You need more discipline on defense than offense.

#287 Realjad, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I'd listen to Kerr who's stacked squad is about to get ANOTHER RING.

9. Mr. Clutch

Durant is hurt and then Klay got hurt. Iggy is also not 100%

10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Kawhi and Klay are elite midrange shooters. Elite midrange shooters are allowed to shoot midrange shots, this is pretty simple stuff. You're either being disingenuous here or you're ignorant if you think Klay and Kawhi would be asked to stop shooting midrange if they were in Houston.

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That's how far ahead these guys are talent / chemistry wise, they still won. When we lose folks here want to blame one guy, which is dumb. It takes a bunch of talent, skill, coaching, chemistry and luck to win a title. Which is why what the Warriors have done is extraordinary and why Morey needs to keep working his ass off.

hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

All things about Warriors has to speak from Mark Jackson to Steven Kerr.

It tells the importance of great coaching.

13. Mr. Clutch

It could be Curry with 4 scrubs out there and you'll say "that just shows how talented their scrubs are"

14. Mr. Clutch

Shouldn't have been that close. They were leading by 10 most of the 4th then started turning it over, technical fouls, etc.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Klay was 4/9 and Kawhi was 1/4 on non paint 2s.

Low efficiency.

HP3 likes this.
  16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This is definitely the worst warriors squad in the playoffs since they acquired Durant. Curry wins rings because he’s the best 3 point shooter ever. Nobody cares that Klay Thompson shoots mid range jumpers.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well, we know DM has been watching the Warriors for half a decade now.

But the question is, did anyone on Clutchfans specifically tell DM to watch the Warriors?? Did we miss a step?!?!?!?!

18. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Best looking GSW in some time? Did I miss Klay and KD coming back in for the 4th?

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Who did we defensively outperform this year lol? The answer is no one in the POs.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Gonnna copy and paste what I replied to someone else about that.

Steph Curry, 23 points, 6-17 from the field, 3-10 from the 3 and didnt do much in the 4t quarter. Klay had 25 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists on 10-17 and 4-6 from 3. Draymond had 17 points, 9 assists, and 10 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block. Demarcus Cousins had 11 points, 6 assists, and 10 rebounds. Andre Iguoadala(I hate him) 8 point 6 assists 8 rebounds. Now no denying Steph Curry had influence on all these guys stats, of course, he's a great player.

BUT....lets not act like he pulled off some amazing feat here hahaha. He has more talent around him than ANY OTHER SUPERSTAR. Not to mention all these guys played great defense, GS didnt really have that great of an offensive game, especially in the fourth imo.

I hate how people wanna put the underdog narrative to this dude so bad, it makes me sick. I like the guy as a person, hes great. But this is ridiculous.