1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Morey on the hot seat now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AbrahamLincoln, Jul 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I didn't want the Rockets to get THIS bad. They could've kept Dragic. They didn't have to give up Bud to move up 2 measly spots in the draft. I want them to shed the older, superfluous players like Scola and Martin, but if you're gonna go young and rebuild, it helps to actually keep those young players who are presumably the foundation of the ballclub. They also should've traded away some of those extra first rounders for future(and hopefully high) picks instead of p-ssing them away on additional PFs.

The good news(if you can call it that) is that the team will be horrible this season which will lead to a very high draft pick. The problem is I don't have any faith in this front office to use that pick wisely.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Morey's biscuits are burning right now.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

1. They gave up Bud to get the #18 pick... not move up 2 spots. Although, I do somewhat agree, they kind of wasted that #18 pick on Terrence Jones. But I've been wrong on draft picks before, maybe he'll turn into something.

2. The "move up 2 spots" trade was the whole reason they got Jeremy Lamb, which I'm 100% ok with. If you're not going to be in the top-10, then the best thing that can happen to you is a good player's stock falls just enough to land in your spot... which is exactly what happened to Lamb.

3. Dragic was not the "foundation" of anything. They already have a PG that is just as good as him, but on a cheaper contract. Granted, Lowry raised a little hell in the media after their season ended, but he just wanted to be the starter. And now (assuming they don't get Lin), he most likely will be.

4. They still have PLENTY of time to trade Scola and Martin.

5. Royce White

4. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Morey is tanking. It's obvious.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-0QBxwRhAmA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well he isnt earning a GM of the year award anytime soon with his deals or lack therfof. Thats for sure.

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

oh how the tables have turned....

GM of the year!!

sorry for the bump

not really

8. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Let's just wait until the season begins to shower Morey with praise .... we don't want to get ahead of ourselves without seeing the product on the floor, during real games.

I still think this team has some glaring weaknesses, of which I won't mention right now. Gotta wait and see.

9. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Looking back at old post, its amazing to see how we were so afraid of losing Dragic and Lee because they were probably the best that we had.

10. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

LOL

What? Morey has done his job. If the team has some issues, it is not because Morey did not play his part. Not saying that his job is over, but we are talking about a team that had Lin as our best player and now he might not even be starting. Morey has done an excellent job and deserves nothing but praise.

11. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

We couldn't wait till after trade deadline to bring this thread back up? :grin:

All kidding aside tho, I do think the focus this year has shifted from Morey to McHale. Expectations are high and coaches are sometimes the first target of critique when things don't go well.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We lost Camby again :(

13. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

This thread was silly when it was started but now...

14. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

I thought this was suppose to be satire until I read the date =P

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

so much fail from redred

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Comedy Gold. GOLD, Jerry.

17. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's also not give the excuse that hindsight is 20/20, the notion that Morey should have been fired was just as dumb then as it seems now.

18. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

yep, and harden may have never been signed

19. bongman

bongman Member

Totally agree. What he has done was nothing short of genius. I am not too high on him on Harden and Dwight as those were no brainers. Parsons, Beverley, Garcia (masking it like it was a TRob trade), Casspi, Omer and Lin were all great signings and we did not have to break the piggy bank to get them.

20. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

This thread is pure gold hahaha