1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Morey engaging Chicago in a stare down contest for Carloid Boozer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jul 13, 2014.

1. chandlerbang21

Deadly midrange game and hustles for rebounds. Sucks on defense though

2. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i'd like boozer. he sure did put whippings on us back when he was with Utah

3. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Carlos boozer or. Andray blatche we need a better pf please Morey

4. The Law

The Law Member

I'm glad basketball teams don't base their personnel decisions based on fans hatred for certain players/teams.

Who gives a **** if he raped us while on the Jazz, if he would have been a rocket back then you would have been sucking on his taint and praising his talent and hustle (see Patrick Beverley).

He would provide solid depth and a mid-range game to compliment Howard, furthermore, he would provide a little attitude for a timid team.

Let him be our Diaw otherwise another contender in the West will snatch him up and exploit the hell out of the rockets with him.

5. basketballholic

Guys,

Boozer was amnestied. It's over. There's no reason for us to clear cap and place a bid for him..unless Chicago is going to send us back substantial assets. At this point..that's not going to happen. So...makes no sense to bring him here through amnesty bid.

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

We have the cap to place a bid on him

7. vernonmaxwell11

how does the amnesty bid work? does it take into account full contract value? like if we offer him $20 over two years and someone offers $25 over three, do they win?

8. vernonmaxwell11

pls explain, why wouldn't we put in a bid?

9. red32

red32 Member

$1.448 mil and 1 dolloar! Not a penny more!

10. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I hate that guy and his defense is bad - but we badly need a PF like him. One with experience that can stretch the floor and rebounds. Plus his last team was one of the best defensive teams - next to Howard he could be alright.

If we can get him on the cheap I'd be all for signing him. Short term fix that could really help us this season.

11. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

We should put a bid in on him, but probably won't. Morey is probably content with Joey Dorsey and Jeff Adrien. sigh

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

We would lose mle and lin tpe if we sign someone using capspace. Not happening.

13. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I'm not a cap expert, but what have we been using to sign these players we have in the past couple days? Daniels, Dorsey, Adrien and trying to sign that European guy

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Maybe not, all signed for vet minimum contracts, Papanikolaou we're trying to sign for BAE, and we can still spend our MLE. All without going under the cap. I guess we can't make a bid using our MLE correct?

15. Possum

Possum Member

After signing Joey Dorsey and Jeff Adrien on Tuesday, Houston has about $8 million in space under the NBA’s $63 million salary cap, something they’ll want to stay under to keep their mid-level exception at $5.3 million.

This is according to cbs sports.

16. arjun

arjun Member

that makes NO sense ! lol

17. dlite316

dlite316 Member

i hate all the utah j*zz players, BUT if we can pick up boozer, it will sure help our team win this year. boozer will play hard for his next contract, and he can rebound and hit mid range jumpers. he is not worse defensively than jones.

18. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Ok. I'm trying to understand all these cap rules when it comes to the MLE, BAE and gaining TPE's while not using cap space but still signing guys. So I guess you can sign guys for minimum and it doesn't count against the cap?

19. Possum

Possum Member

Why????

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This doesn't make any sense, they must not be counting our unguaranteed contracts and Lin's TPE, we are over the cap, and MLE is only for teams over the cap, not under.