1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Melo Still an Option?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by matty101, Jul 11, 2014.

1. matty101

matty101 Member

Excuse my ignorance as this may already have been discussed and shot down as a possibility but I am from Australia and have just awoken (and fetched my largest butt plug).

Is this still a possibility? Or have we burnt that bridge/has Melo already shut us down?

I guess it's a long shot considering he seemed like option 1A in FA a week ago and we moved on to Bosh, but do you think we revisit it?

Does Melo have too much pride to even reconsider this?

Am I just searching/clutching at straws/grasping to any hope that we still have of a significant upgrade this offseason?

Sign Melo, match Parsons and fill the gaps with whatever money is left?

Or should I just go grab my flame suit now and maybe even a 9.45am beer to deal with my ridiculous suggestion/our unbelieveable air swing/air ball/big fat goose egg in FA 2014?

Sighhhh.

:(:confused::(:confused:

:rolleyes:

2. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Nah. We lost this offseason.

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Melo was never an option tbh

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

At this point who the hell knows supposedly just like Dino dumbass he just wants money and the fifth year in NY and all his talk of just wanting to win is BS. But he hasn't signed anywhere yet.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

This is a great situation for Anthony and has been from the start. Greed takes over for some (Bosh and Anthony) While people like LBJ and Howard actually take less money to win.

6. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

hang in there - the agents are now figuring out where their players are going - the paul pierces and pau gasols of the world should give houston a hard look.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

As Philly says...who knows?

It's said that it's either Chicago or New York for him but it was also said by the same people that Bosh was headed to Houston pretty much.

Right now who knows. He's on the clock though and I'm sure now that Lebron and Bosh is out of the way that Morey will turn his attention back to Melo.

8. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

I don't even think Melo is a great deal for us. Bosh was a perfect fit and everyone knew it including him. He already has his two rings, which is probably more than he ever thought he'd get in Toronto. He just wants to waste away on South Beach.