1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is McHale stupid for playing garbage Morris instead of D. Mo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Asides from being the #1 pick overall, Yao was the hardest worker on the Rockets team. If DMo shows that much hunger to get better, he will get minutes sooner rather than later.

2. allaroundplayer

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=c2nwflz

Morris to SAC
    Novak to HOU
    Brooks to NY

This is a trade that I think makes sense for all teams. Reportedly, NY is looking for a pg. SAC always seems to like Rocket players. D-Mo is the star player which everybody always says the Rockets need and Novak is a better 3 point shooter than Morris who hasn't been able to develop any strengths in his game besides 3 point shooting and even that is off an on. Novak, who can also be productive in limited minutes, is more of a SF than Morris, so that will mean more PT for D-Mo!

3. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

NY has Felton, Kidd, Prigioni, they are not looking for PG and they are not trading one of the best shooters in the league. Ridiculous

4. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Donuts will get his time. He's still learning defensive assignments and spacing – that sort of thing.

Remember, the D stands for Development, and that's what Donuts is doing. These Rockets are not title contenders, and he won't chance that. Please, Don't VSpan D-Mo.

You know who else had upside? Kirk Snyder. Let it go, man. Let it go.

5. Convictedstupid

Apparently he already has shown that. Friedman and apparently mchale as well have raved about him being the hardest worker.

6. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

D-Mo deserves more minutes.

7. Sanity2disChaos

Give it time my friend ....THIS will happen in dew time.

8. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Sorry for the double-post – everything Clutchfans went down for a minute and didn't update right for me. My mistake.

#48 blathersby, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  9. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

I lacked clarity. It's flippant to imply that Yao became the player he was correlates to his given minutes, rather than attributing his improvement to his incredible work ethic.

I'm very pleased to hear that DMo is busting chops to get on the floor.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Clutchfans always want new guys to play. And then when they do play, Clutchfans usually want them traded immediately.

Free TWill, Free Morris, Free Thabeet. D-Mo is a 22 year old that isn't physically mature yet, and get pushed around the court with ease. D-Mo has some real talent to be sure, but it looks like he is a couple of years away from being able to bang with NBA players in the paint.

I view D-Mo and TJones as possible upgrades to Morris, Patterson, or Adrich. But we still have Morris, PPat, and Adrich on the Roster and the trade deadline is approaching. I have been assuming that Morey and McHale haven't wanted to remove possible trade pieces from the rotation at this moment.

We have D-mo under contract for years to come. I'm not really all that concerned about how many minutes he's getting at this point. If McHale wants to play D-Mo, OK that's fine. If he doesn't want to play D-Mo, that's OK also. It just doesn't really matter at this point. The Rockets aren't a contender, and I'm willing to be patient to see what happens at the trade deadline or during the off-season.

11. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

what a kneejerk thread. Morris is scoring over 8 ppg off the bench, how again is that horrible??? both Pat and Morris arent very good rebounders, but actually with the eyeball test morris is much more aggressive at attacking the defensive boards. i think Since Pat plays with the monster Asik, he assumes Omer will clean up all the boards. That is just as bad as "watching" on offense when Harden has the ball. No matter the situation or who you are sharing the court with, you gotta play the game.

I do want to see Dmo get more minutes, but he just cant play the backup C right now, and my guess is that the plan is to get him or Jones in the rotation after Pat is traded at the deadline.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Pre-cisely.

This pretty much sums up everything everyone is complaining about regarding D-Mo.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not calling you out DD, not at all (and it's a shame I even have to preface a post with that) but this mentality has existed here for years. We always want to hand the backup quarterback the reigns. Wafer, V-Span, Nachbar, and on and on and on and on and on and on. The one time we had a diamond in the rough (Lin) nobody cared. I'm not saying D-Mo can't play, I'm just tired of the pee-pee games.

It's crazy, but usually, the guys who play are the best guys. Insane how a mere NBA head coach can seem to figure that out.

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Mchale wants Motiejunas to get used to the NBA game and find his rhythm. Once he gets it, he will get more minutes. Patience my young paddle ones.

15. dmcray95

dmcray95 Member

Morris has become a decent bench player but ultimately D Mos potential is higher so he needs to start getting minutes.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Offensively DMo is quite polished...but he still needs to work on staying involved on the floor...there were a few times he was watching the action on the court as opposed to playing solid defense...(ie the ill advised double on blake griffin that led to a easy back door cut)...but everyone should be excited about what he can bring...

17. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

D Mo's D is even more suspect than Morris, he needs to get stronger before he gets significant PT

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

what the hell is this thread? "Garbage Morris"? seriously ...you don't have to like the guy, but at least some respect

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ziggy, you are correct, and I guess it boils down to what the organization is trying to do at this point in time.

For me, it is about them building a champion, and as such, I don't really mind them trying to identify guys that have a higher ceiling versus those that do not.

I understand that Dmo is not as good as PPat, yet, but to me, his advantages in length, athleticism, and quickness will eventually have him fly right by him, so I would like to see him getting some NBA minutes at some point.

DD

20. youngduck

youngduck Member

yeah cole aldrich needs to stop playing. hes awful.

rocket's need to let terrence jones or dmo get some game time and develop in the nba.