1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is McHale stupid for playing garbage Morris instead of D. Mo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Feb 14, 2013.

1. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Am i the only one that doesn't like beverley at point, he never seems in control and seems to take the rhythm away from the team. But i agree on Motie over aldrich!

2. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

It seems that Rockets have sent rookie player to d-league whenever we drafted...well, except Parsons last year. I know why Rockets didn't want to send Parsons there because he's a good-looking with cool hair that attract people to go to the game at Toyota Center, lol.

3. Arthurprescott2

No, but McHale is almost deliberately sabotaging the team by playing Morris more minutes than PPatt.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Not gonna say he's stupid at this point, but he's teetering on that line...

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Morris has not been any better. He's not the biggest of guys playing the 4 spot.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think Mchale feels like he owes Morris for his hard work and dedication. That, or they are trying to pump up his trade value.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. I was thinking the same thing: "Damn, DD likes Donuts. The dude's gonna be a bust!"

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Lets stop the in order to get a guy in, having to pick apart his nearest competition as being "garbage"

Marcus Morris was more ready to start the season, Motiejunas wasnt.

Still, Motiejunas needs more time, split time between the 4 and 5.

Move Morris over as a big scoring 3. .429 from the field as a PF just isnt great even with the amount of 3's he shoots. Morris is starting to look like a "tweener" even more than Terrence Jones and Motiejunas

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are not the only one, he has poor vision and misses a lot of open guys and rather dribble the ball instead of hitting those guys.

TD will at least look to score. Beverly has a lot to improve on. He plays with a lot of hustle though.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I said this at the start of the season. Morris should have been at the three, if anyone is too small at the four it is him. He worked all off-season to be a three only for them to put him at PF. I think he'd actually always out rebound his guy if he was a SF.

Have him backup Parsons and have Delfino backup Harden, then you have D-Mo back up Patterson.

Morris is not a bad player and has skills but I really feel and always feel like he would thrive going down a spot.

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I concur. Morey spent a lot of time describing Morris as a power 3. It has puzzle dime to then see him spending his time as a stretch 4. DMo affords the teams chance to get the benefits of an inside out 4 without having to go small.

12. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

Morris should play SF and be the primary backup to Parsons and Delfion (2nd string/3rd string), he's not strong enough to play PF imho

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think it's simpler than that. Many coaches like to make a rookie beat out the competition in practice, so they become hungry for PT.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guess the question is if he can guard SFs but it surely doesn't hurt to try. If he can't then we can say experiment failed and go back to Delfino & Parsons at the 3 and move on.

But we've seen him almost exclusively at PF. Even in SL he was playing SF a lot more and then they just switched it all up.

15. landryfans

landryfans Member

McHale never take any responsibility, never blame himself, it is pretty lame.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

DMo's playing time should be at the expense of Aldrich or Smith as of right now. Not cutting into our PF minutes. If Aldrich/Smith can't defend, and these past several games they've shown some pretty horrendous play on that side of the court, DMo can't be any worse. But he's a vastly superior offensive player than either guy.

Long term, I'm hoping he's our starting PF/backup center. In this future, Patterson would be traded for a nice return. Morris/Jones fight for the backup PF position.

17. Gertso

Gertso Member

This forum is like...the dumbest.

18. SirKen

SirKen Member

DMo should be on the court when both 2Pat and Morris are not performing on a level we need. I am not saying that those 2 should rot on the bench a-la-McHale style but if we are not getting anything out of them, we should use the rest of the bench.

Also, enough with the Morris is a PF crap. They guy could be a 2nd or 3rd string SF easily. PF is obviously not his position.

19. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Play D-Mo at the 4, not the 5. MM needs to stop playing the 4 so much.

Future second unit with Jin or Harden can be Beverly/Douglas, Delfino, D-Mo, Greg Smith.

Manage Jin's and Harden's minutes the same way Miami does with LeBron and Wade, where one of them is on the court at all times.

20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Yao used to fall around the floor all the time also, and yet was still effective. This excuse is about as lame as the "clogging the lanes" line used for starting two seven footers in the front court.