1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is LeBron a little b****?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Jul 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. clippy

clippy Member

God, your posts just keep getting worse. Kobe demanded to be traded starting from the first day of his postseason when he was crying at the podium after losing to the Suns yet again. "I'd rather play in Pluto" etc. He was involved in a number of trade discussions but kept rejecting them due to his no-trade clause, eg:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=Deng_Bryant

Everyone had him pegged to leave and he most certainly would had he been a free-agent, but Buss didn't get enough back without the trade clause so he stuck with him. Kobe was booed on opening night (in a loss to Houston that I assume you saw), so much for making a point. But luckily the Fakers were gift wrapped Gasol for nothing so it saved his reputation.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Great game by Magic. You can even say great series. He still wasn't the Lakers best player, much like Worthy wasn't when he won a Finals MVP, or Tony Parker.

I'm comparing Worthy to Bosh. Give me Kareem/Magic/Worthy over LeBron/Wade/Bosh anyday. It's silly to act like others didn't have tons of help.

Neither. Are you saying having a frontcourt of Gasol, Bynum and Odom isn't a big advantage in today's league? Great help doesn't have to come in the form of another superstar player. It can come from your team having two long, good 7 footers while every other team in the West barely has one.

And they didn't win until 81 (his 2nd year), after Red got McHale and Parish. So he still hasn't won jack without tons of help. As far as the 30+ wins, I'm just as impressed as LeBron carrying this team to the Finals at the age of 22:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html

Are you saying Pippen, McHale and Robinson, at their peaks, couldn't win alongside Shaq and the rest of the 06 Heat? Pippen can get the Bulls role players, minus MJ, to 55 wins and Round 2, but he couldn't win with Shaq (giving you 20, 9, 2 on 60%....in a league with no centers), backed by Mourning, Haslem, Walker, Payton, Posey and Riley coaching? Robinson at his peak (say the 95 version) couldn't win on that team? He could give you 30 a night like Wade. Kevin McHale wouldn't be a perfect PF on that team? On the flip side, I don't see Wade leading anyone past Magic, Bird, the Bad Boys, Jordan or Hakeem (the guys dominating the 80's & 90's).

What actually happened is these guys played during different era's, and you should recognize that when making comparisons on their team accomplishments.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

actually, buss wanted to trade him to the bulls (bulls said no b/c te lakers wanted deng) or mavs (lakers wanted dirk) b/c kobe dissed them.

the bulls and mavs both didn't want to give up those players and hence kobe stayed in LA. if he was a free agent, 100% he would have bolted.

or if those teams gave up the pieces the lakers asked for, kobe would have been traded.

but hey, you can always rewrite history when you talk about it.

4. clippy

clippy Member

I assume this was directed at dumbbug since my post pretty much agrees with you.

5. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Kobe also scored 45 and also won that game single-handed, and he was never booed again. Lakers also had best record in west, before Bynum was injured.

With Paul, Kobe would still have Marc and whoever they would get from Kwame's expiring. Good enough to win championships.

Bottom line, Kobe didn't bolt after an MVP season because Celtics were intimidating and Gasol was soft. He didn't even ask for more help.

6. clippy

clippy Member

Yeah, if by "won" you meant "lost".

7. goodbug

Is this a sarcasm since you two do agree with each other, but not with everyone else?

8. clippy

clippy Member

Kobe asking for help after being given Gasol for a bag of circus peanuts would be the most hypocritical gesture in the history of the NBA.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  11. goodbug

Not with the King, who was gift-wrapped Jamsion, who had more all star appearance and better stats than Gasol.

12. clippy

clippy Member

So you think Jamison is better than Gasol, right? I'm sure he'll prove it this year with the Cavs, who have a much better roster than Gasol ever had in Memphis. What do you think, they'll win about 50 games (what Gasol won)?

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Big difference there is Kobe's team made huge strides that year. They went from not getting past the first round to getting to the NBA Finals. It wouldn't have made sense for Kobe to leave, when his team was obviously improving.

LeBron probably got the sense that his team was stagnating. 3 years without getting to the Finals. Eliminated in the second round this past year.

14. clippy

clippy Member

I'm not sure why these situations are being compared since they are about as opposite as can be. Kobe has played his whole career with top talent, outside of three years. And during those three years he tried to get out when the going got tough. Luckily for him he plays for a team that is a glamour franchise that will always attract top talent, even when that talent is still owned by another team!

Lebron has never played with anyone close to the caliber of Shaq or Gasol, and now his is.. in spades. The Heat are going to run through this league for the next five or six years and the Faker fans will just have to deal with it, just like we've been dealing with their BS for so long.

15. Icehouse

I just realized that Bill Russell was such a b****. Shame on him for not caring about being the man, or his numbers and all that stuff. That ******* only cared about winning. Too bad no one considers him one of the greatest of all-time (arguably).

16. Icehouse

Kobe also wanted to trade Bynum for Kidd.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That team would be sick with DFish and Kidd.

18. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

I don't think Lebron is a little b**** but he is now 2nd to D-Wade. It is Wade's team.

I did lose some respect for Lebron because now if he could not do what Jordan, Bryant, Bird, Magic, Hakeem and the greats of the game have done, which is win a title for your team.

I don't hold the decision against him, but staying would have been more honorable. Kevin Garnett is a great example of giving it a good shot for 'your' team. He gave a solid 11-12 years at Minny, then left when he was past his prime.

Either way, lebron will succeed in Miami eventually and go down as a great player

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

lol.

kobe did shoot 40.6% in that game. gotta give him credit for his drive. it was the first game of the season and he was already playing like it was the finals.

20. goodbug

Bynum didn't play when they went to the finals first time. The 2nd time like 5 points 2 rb, the 3rd time slightly better but not by much. I seriously don't think they're a worse team with that trade yet. At the minimum, Kidd was a much better defender, Kidd was a better 3pt shooter than Fisher.