1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Kobe Dirty? Yes. SI Article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DFWRocket, May 8, 2009.

1. hradhak

hradhak Member

I think it;s a really great insight that Kobe only taunts players who won't or can't retaliate. I hate Kobe. It's absolutely ridiculous how he taunts Battier. I really hope the refs watch for it tonight. I'd love to see 2 technicals on Kobe or even better 1 technical and the boot.

I've never really like the Spurs cuz they're in our division, but at least I can respect them because they're not a dirty team. No matter how good the Lakers are, I'll never respect them because they play (and fight) dirty.

2. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

3. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

Im so-so on the matter. I like Kobe as a player but I hate his attitude. But I do want to say, WOW. Where did all that come from? Man it's crazy how Kobe is such a polarizing figure. Some love him to death and some just flat-out hate his guts.

Kobe kobe kobe....tsk tsk

4. conquistador#11

Love kobe's quote on loving playoff basketball that it reminds him of 80's basketball. :rolleyes:

Yet if things are not going his way, he will B*tch about everything. Dood would not have made it out of the first quarter in the 80s. To hell with Kobe.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These kinds of articles will make some kinds of Lakers' fans claim that the national media, the league and refs are against them.

6. bloop

bloop Member

Guy elbows other players and has a history of cheap shots on the court... and it's a SURPRISE to you that he's a polarizing figure? How is this a surprise to you? It's not like he's Tim Duncan walking down the street. He commits flagrant non-basketball transgressions on the court and largely escapes punishment. Of course he's polarizing.

Is it really that hard for you to figure out who "loves" him and who doesn't? LA fans love him... he's the pivotal figure in their Championship dreams. Young fans who are awed by 80 points in a game love him. Others hate him.

It boggles your mind that a guy who profiled one of the most hyped RAPE TRIALS of this decade is somehow "polarizing." Does it also surprise you that Vick has his diehard detractors and supporters?

BTW are you Chinese?

7. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Can somebody please show up in the game tonight wearing a kobe jersey with all the dirt on his body. Just look plain dirty. y ou can wear wig with some leaves on it or banana just to make it freaking look dirty. they'll get the message.

8. bloop

bloop Member

You mean objective articles that point out that Kobe is dirty? Yes it will definitely make them cry more.

But that doesn't mean they're right nor does it mean that they dont already cry about it anyways.

This is a dude whose biography by Spike Lee was being hyped on national media ESPN 2 months before the fact and who refer to the Lakers-Rockets series as "The Lakers Series." An occasionally objective article about Kobe isn't going to cause the world to collapse regardless of what Faker fans say

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I guess you have never really watched Bruce Bowen and some of the shenanigans he pulls because if you have, you wouldn't say that the Spurs are not a dirty team.

Yea, the point about Kobe doing that crap against people who won't retaliate or can't is spot on. It is the same way with Garnett; that fool wants nothing to do with people who see through his phoney tough guy persona (witness the incident he had with Antonio McDyess several years ago where he backed away from him like a little biatch). What Kobe fails to realize is that his talking trash to a guy like Battier who is not going to engage with him on that just makes him (Kobe that is) look like a complete jackass.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying the article is bad, or shouldn't have been published. I'm saying that some people's delirium is at such a level that an objective well supported article will cause some of them to go further into their delusion.

11. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

One out of 50 articles. (And I think I'm being generous.)

13. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

Closet Kobe fan.

14. Lugz504

Lugz504 Member

I wouldn't mind Yao pulling one of these off for Kobe:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VukbXYyN7f8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VukbXYyN7f8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Hmmm, it seems Kobe mostly only messes with white players?

16. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

17. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Sad to say, but Kobe sincerely believes he does no wrong. And when you got people like Mark Heiler, writer for the LA Times, rationalizing events such as the Fisher flagrant foul ("Fish was only running through a screen...yada, yada, yada). Fans believe the writer, and it only follows that players will hide behind such ignorant rhetoric to justify their own actions.

Kobe is a lying, cowardly punk - but the NBA loves his talent.

18. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

The only people that seem to love him to death are laker fans and Disney Sports. At least thats the impression I get talking to people from different places.

Kobe is a B*tch. Simple as that. Dude is a coward who, as was pointed out, only goes after the guys who won't retaliate. It must frustrate him though that Shane just keeps his focus and coming after him.

Occasionally people will say that I'm just jealous or hating on him because of his talent. Thats ignorant, but they'll never realize it. Lebron can sometimes be over the top and is a tremendous talent.......no problem with him. Brandon Roy hit us up pretty bad in a couple of those games last round and is a phenomenal player.....no problem. It goes on and on with guys. Only players I can't stand play for LA, utah and dallass.

Honestly, even if we lose, I am so proud of our team for their effort and how they go about playing the game and dealing with adversity. Its especially nice that we're doing it with a $20 mil handicap this year. Aside from the '95 team, this may be my favorite. Its a shame they get no love from the league or media. Saying that though, the casual fan is finally starting to respect us now that they're seeing what we do. The lakers don't realize it, but they're actually making us look better and maybe even making us stronger. Its like when Rocky gets the Russians to root for him against one of their own in Rocky IV (I think thats the one).

Lets hope everything pays off for our guys.

1 person likes this.
  19. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Didn't need this article to validate a fact.

20. fanwq

fanwq Member

That's one of reason why he never be close to MJ. And he never be a true leader of his team.