1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Johnny Football the Pick We Are Missing?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by solid, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sounds a lot like VY or Tim Tebow... except without size, and with more media hype.

Guess the third-times the charm... or maybe failure comes in threes.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It's a football state, and no it's not just limited to HS and College. This isn't like the Oilers anymore. Pro football is on another level from what it used to be, it's much more popular now. I'd be surprised if the Texans were going to stop selling out anytime soon, hell there's a long waiting list right now for season tickets which should tell you exactly that.

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Very much like Vince, and Tebow. And I always wanted to watch those guys play, and I wanted them to succeed also. Although I didn't always want their team to win. The fact that Johnny is so small, makes it all the more interesting. I view him as the little guy trying to succeed in a world for big men. I view him as an underdog, and I'm hoping he does well. Manziel is good for the sport of football, I can't wait for the season to start. If the Texans suck, which they probably will, at least there will be something else to watch.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Maybe after about 20 more losing seasons. 15 years after Manziel is out of the league.....

The team has been here for 12 years now. The new car smell only lasted a couple of years. We are now well into the life of the franchise and people are still FLOCKING to the games.

We don't need Johnny Manziel to sell tickets. LOL...

1 person likes this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

6. Summer Song Giver

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just posted this in another thread.

I think it applies here just as much, if not more so.

If you are a Manziel fan above all else, now would probably be the time to start shopping around for a good Cleveland Browns BBS. You'll feel much better once you've found it.

That is all.

1 person likes this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I don't think you're helping your argument by listing a bunch of problematic players the Patriots were willing to take a chance on (and largely succeeded)... if they're willing to roll the dice on these guys and *not* Manziel, what does that say about Johnny Fooseballs?

9. Summer Song Giver

Fair enough, I hope the kid does well and I wish the Texans would have moved up to draft him.

10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Awesome.

Thanks for the "You don't run the board so pissed off." rep comment.

You are simpering coward, afraid to even own your own words. Why am I not particularly surprised I'd find a weak, sad person like you still hanging around this thread?

And thanks for the rep.

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Texans had no talks with Pats for Mallet, according to Rick Smith. Didn't try to trade back into first round for J Football.</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/statuses/464880861641338880">May 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Has he eaten the Chronicle yet? He cant Tweet until he eats the ****ing Chronicle. Hack.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's what I assume are a couple of idiots who do that around here. Nothing worse than cowardice on the internet. If you can't even claim your words on a fairly anonymous medium like this, I can't imagine how cowardly they'd be in real life.

15. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

And it's looking like Manziel's top weapon will be taken away. Josh Gordon facing a possible season long suspension.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's already led the league in dropped passes, now he's going for the lead in failed drug tests.

17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I'd be on the phone trying to work a trade with the browns , I believe they would pay well to jump up for Lee

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This would actually be smart. Who knows? They might actually overpay for the 33rd now.

19. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Yup, for sure. Only 2 spot difference as well. Come on Texans.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.