1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Joey Dorsey Murrays worst signing ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Playing as the PF or backup center on this team is just about the easiest gig you could get in the NBA. Harden draws all the attention, and all you have to do is catch the ball and drop it in the basket, essentially uncontested. I'm pretty surprised Dmo has regressed to the point that he can't even perform this simple task.

Black has never shown the ability to catch and finish, which is why I was surprised and concerned that he even made the team. Where's Greg Smith when you need him(Dallas)?

Dorsey is a smaller, slower, less skilled, less athletic, and dumber version of Dwight. And Dwight isn't exactly great in some of those categories. Watching him commit that goaltend was one of the more hilarious moments of the season to this point. Good job filling that Dwight void, Joey.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This thread has a lot of funny stuff. But somehow I can't stop laughing on this quote.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

an elite defensive big in the euroleages is too much to give up on this early. send him to h to the dleague and see if that helps. he has no business being in the game for now, NONE!

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

We know what Dorsey is capable of, we drafted the guy.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Joey is trash. I was done about 45 seconds into his time on the court tonight when he & Harden were basically standing side by side while Boozer (I think?) put up a shot and Harden had to be the one to block it. I wanted to give him a fair shot -- hadn't seen him play overseas and figured maybe Morey really saw something special in him. But nope. Trash. Sorry not sorry.

7. chandlerbang21

He is shorter than lebron james yet we have him at center. He is worthless against the bigs in western conference

8. Play07

Play07 Member

ED DAVIS was there for vet min., he's what we can hope Capella will be in 1-2 yrs

9. hakeemthagreat

Yep. Its frustrating knowing we passed up on decent bigs just so we can this trash of a player smh

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Earl Clark or Capela would do better right now and since it's his second time around and he actually looks worse, makes this indeed worse than Thabeet or whoever you want.

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

There was a play last night:

Shooter takes the shot, Dorsey immediately jumps for the rebound, of course wayyy to early to make a play on the ball, the ball bounces right on top of Dorsey but he can't grab it because he has already landed & other team player jumped once the ball his the rim which is usually the case even when I play ball.

Dorsey points @ his chest and says my fault.

This is just one example of many.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was a bad human being, trying to mess with the 'head honcho' ;)

13. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

If signing a third string center is Morey's worst signing ever I'd say he's doing pretty well.

14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Between Royce and Joey, absolute the worse. I think he's gotten worse since he was away from the Rockets. I can't understand how you cannot perfect a 15 foot jump shoot when that is your profession and you can do all day in a gym alone. Neither Dorsey or Black look at the rim from 10 to 15 ft. Give me a break!!!

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

"Originally Posted by KeepKenny
    Dorsey is a smaller, slower, less skilled, less athletic, and dumber version of Dwight."

I definitely agree with the above, our front court players are soft or unskilled.

Soft:
    1. T Jones (Gets pushed around by 6'3" guards)
    2. D Howard (His mind - for all of his muscles and weightlifting)

Unskilled:
    1. DMo (Go to D League Quick)
    2. Dorsey (Couldn't make a layup alone in a gym)
    3. Black (Scared of his own shadow)

16. rurban

rurban Member

Earl Clark sounds good in theory, but I watched his last game, and while he is a 3pt monster, his defense sucked. Big time. They really should start training him as C now.

And Capela is way to early.

I really wondered why he gave away Ish and not Dorsey. We have this unhealthy obsession with bad backup centers, which we don't need. But we gave away Asik for almost nothing.

17. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Well imagine had we not had Dorsey to spare a few, horrible if I must say, minutes from the already not so good Black..

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His words adds nothing new at all

Dorsey just looks like an ugly version of Dwight but baskeballwise there is nothing comparable other than that he plays the C position.

19. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I thought our days of 6'5 centers were over?

Look i know he's listed taller but, thats a lie. All we need behind Dwight is a defender/pick and roll guy, Black is too small to finish against bigger centers.

Right now the back up bigs we have should be the biggest concern

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I tried to get the league to count it as a turnover any time Tarik Black is posted up and as a turnover and flagrant foul every time Joey Dorsey is posted up. They said no.