1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jeremy Lin's race still a handicap? (rational responses only please)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Geronimo, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Thanks. Do you have a link that I can listen to? TIA.

2. Ultimate6thMan

If this is true, which it appears to be, I mean just WOW! :eek: Freaking WOW!!

So either Beverley would now be considered an above average NBA point guard, or he actually believes that JLin is a well below average point guard in this league who doesn't deserve to finish games over PB.

If that's the case, then it would reason to believe that he thinks like McFAIL does that our GM of the Year DMorey and Les made a HUGE mistake in getting JLin and giving him a 25 million dollar contract!

3. rokit

rokit Member

well that's the truth... and i'm a lin fan.

4. Nook

Nook Member

This....

I think that McHale's confidence in Lin ebbs and flows. Honestly, he has not been terrible this season, he has been "okay", but considering the offense we are in you would like to see him get another assists or two and another bucket or two. He is playing 32 minutes a game, which is starter minutes.

If you were to tell me that he will be the exact player two years from now, that he is now, I would still want him on the team as a 6th man, but I am not sure he would be good enough to start against the elite teams we would face.

Having said that, I am sure part of what is going on is that McHale is frustrated with Lin and knows that he is capable of being a very good player. I expect that familiarity with the Rockets and improved players around Lin over the next year or two will really help him take off, I am also optimistic that his shot will get better.

5. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

It's perfectly logical to say that a rookie backup playing in Russia just a month ago is better than your starter after a few games and after scoring 0 points? And saying this as a way to prop up this coach and his bonehead decisions.

Clutch has a soap box to stand on more so than the rest of us and for him to come out and say that, and in effect be the voice of CF, is very very disappointing.

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Who cares? He also gets unconditional love from millions of people for no reason other than being Asian.

Race will keep being an issue because idiots on both sides refuse to treat others equally.

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

It has really hit the fan the past couple of days hasn't it?

So why not top it all off by attacking Clutch.... again?

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The numbers support Clutch's contention.

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213HOU.HTM

9. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

On this team the PG does average more than 7 assists a game. Is Lin our only PG? CHeck that... Is he the only player on this team with PG duties? Lin doesn't average 7 assists for the same reason Chalmers doesn't playing next to Lebron.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Institutionalized racism ****-blocking linsanity part 2. Hold down the asian dude again plain and simple. Bottom line everytime when Lin in on track for an above average borderline all star player performance leave it to MC to cut his legs out from right under him because he is a fringe player bs. And when he doesnt get a double double in points or assist oh he was a fringe player anyway. MC is a hand-job in a half....

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well if that's what he said then I agree. He is better at all those things than Jeremy right now. Lin could get better though.

13. BayMind

BayMind Rookie

How is that number computed?

I find it interesting that when Lin's numbers in NY or GS were good, people downplayed it to small sample size. Now when a guy who was in Russia a month ago plays a handful of games, all of the sudden his small sample size justifies being as good or better?

This is a better measure by the way:
    http://basketballvalue.com/teamplayers.php?team=HOU&year=2012-2013

http://stats.nba.com/playerStats.ht...n=2011-12&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals

http://stats.nba.com/playerStats.html?PlayerID=201976&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

And a lot better one. At least you could argue that Yao was one of the best in the league. Lin has shown that he about average with some decent upside.

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I don't know how you could come to the conclusion of him being the 4th best player at best, perhaps one on one games but remember this is a team sport. Lin is 3rd on the team in PPG, 2nd in SPG, and 1st in APG and this is all by sharing the point with not only Beverley but Harden (and at times to Parsons and Delfino). Yes, Lin is getting 32 MPG but probably 5-10 minutes of those are running to the corner to play off the ball. But getting those types of numbers playing on THIS current system is not average. You need to compare his numbers to Mario Chalmers as they play a similiar system where the PG position has a dimished role....Chalmers's numbers - 3.4 APG and 7.9 PPG for about 26 MPG. Also, to see how important Lin is to the team, the Rockets are 20-10 when he has at least seven assists compared to 13-19 when he has six or fewer.

16. Ultimate6thMan

That's a stupid assumption to make based off of that. Accordingly, Anderson, Patterson, Smith and Jones should be playing ahead of Lin as well. And Beverly and Delfino should be playing ahead of Asik in crunch time...oh, I guess McFAIL uses your same stats too, my bad!! :eek:

17. BayMind

BayMind Rookie

More:

http://basketballvalue.com/teamplay...summary&sortnumber=94&sortorder=DESC&team=NYK

http://www.82games.com/1112/1112NYK.HTM

18. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Beverly played sub's role and minutes, and it's no wonder he performs good just like a lot of sub's in the league. Greg Smith is even better in long stretches of the season.

19. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Ummm it actually doesn't because most of Bev's numbers up to this point are not only against the opponents' 2nd and 3rd unit but also during garbage time. We'll see what his numbers are at this rate moving forward since he is now the closer PG on this team against the opposing starters in the 4th Q.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Just remember..... this is a double edged sword, the same holds true for the flipside of the equation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.