1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jeremy Lin your Point Guard of the Future?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SF3isBack!!, Apr 28, 2013.

?

How many of you are comfortable with Jeremy Lin as our starting point guard?

1. Comfortable

58.6%
  2. Uncomfortable

41.4%
  1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol still pushing this crap. Been proposing it for what feels like months now and all the times I have seen you post it I haven't see one single person think it was a good idea. And here you are still coming back to it...

2. jayland

jayland Member

Lakers aren't going to take Lin's over bloated to an extreme contract. If it was $2-$3 mil a season, maybe.

3. Apache

Apache Member

Lakers is over the cap. with kobe $30 mils a year, good luck getting anyone.

4. Apache

Apache Member

har har har,

5. Apache

Apache Member

In 2 years Lin contract is up.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Man I feel like a psychic!! ASK ME ANYTHING. I will tell you the future Clutchfans, lol. :grin:

7. jayland

jayland Member

By then he may be washed out of the league.

8. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

That's what they said about him in 2010, 2011, and then 2012 ;)

9. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Seriously man what is your problem? Looking over your (admittedly not very long) post history you hail Beverly as an All-Star calibre guard while Lin's contract is "toxic" and his character is weak and all this bull****...

You're free to critique Lin's play but please be realistic and respectful. Jeremy Lin, while not a star-calibre guard, is not a scrub. And while you can say his play hasn't fit his contract, it's difficult to say that he's not worth, let's say $6 million a year. Look at the wages of other point guards around the league and tell me how much 32 productive minutes a night is worth. His contract is $5, $5, and then $15 million a year, and averages out to $8 million per. You're making him sound like he was given a Gilbert Arenas type contract and producing less than Jimmer Fredette.

I don't post often and am responding only to point out how ridiculous your hate for Lin is.

2 people like this.
  10. jayland

jayland Member

I just tell it like how it is. I didn't say Bev is an All Star guard yet but he has All Star potential and can be the next Gary Payton. He's already one of the best pesky defensive guards in the league.

Lin is just overhyped, the Harold Miner of this era. Not his fault though. In reality he's just a role player. One that's only effective when the ball is in his hands. Lin is like Nate Robinson, explosive on the offensive when he gets hot but gives you almost nothing on defense. And Nate has been very close to getting washed out of the league the last few years.

Now I like Nate too but sure as hell won't be paying him $8 or $6 mil a year. He barely got a contract for this season even after the impressive playoff performance he had. Any contract that's very hard to move is toxic one. Lin's contract is toxic just like how Amare Stoudamaire's contract is toxic. True there are worse contracts then Lin's out there but it doesn't mean his contract isn't horrible.

Plus I never said Lin was weak, I said he was sensitive. He talked about how he use to write in his dairy and cry when he was stuck on the deep end of the bench in Golden State. That sounds very sensitive to me. I never said that was a good or bad thing.

11. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I was following you until you said Lin gives you nothing on defense

12. jayland

jayland Member

ALMOST nothing. Not for a lack of trying but he just doesn't give you much on D. When has Lin ever shut down an opposing point guard using his defense?

13. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

You are just trying to cause a stir.

14. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Oh no, bumping of an H-Thread! With that weirdo Roxlove!

Anyways, Lin played well in the first three games, was under the weather the last three games and everybody rested in the last game.

Oh you serious??? He was quite a good poster I remember; level-headed and fact based. What happened? Are you sure he got banned?

15. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Wait..... what???

16. devin23

devin23 Member

he lost me at all star potential. gary payton??? LMAO.

17. timyeung

timyeung Member

Umm, Lin just left Kemba Walker to 0 points tonight in the second half on opening night.

18. Xfinity

Xfinity Member

Lin played great and Bev got injured. jayland probably won't get any sleep tonight.

19. kastuul

kastuul Member

If Lin turns out to be great and another team offer him a starting job,
    the rockets can't keep him, not to say asking him take a pay cut.

That's how the OKC lost Harden.

20. quizone

quizone Member

If he can get out of here, by all means get the hell out of here for another life. Starting PG is a cursed position in the rox.