1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jason Terry Expendable?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HamJam, Nov 15, 2014.

1. baubo

baubo Member

That's too bad. But then again, you are somehow equating trading away Alonzo Gee as a sign that the Rockets are giving up on the season. So there's probably a bit of discrepancy in our world views.

2. baubo

baubo Member

Expiring contracts not being used in a trade doesn't imply they're worthless. Just like a star player not playing in the playoffs doesn't mean he's not a star. If your standard is that every expiring contract must net something of value or it's worthless, then we simply disagree on the concept of value.

Cleveland got Deng for an expiring Bynum. Wizards got Gortat for expiring Okafor. The Bucks got a 1st round pick for expiring of Delfino. All those transactions would not have happened if their respective teams lacked the expiring contracts. It is possible that the media overvalues expirings, but that they intrinsically have value cannot be debated.

I feel pretty certain the T-Mac trade was made so they can create the capspace to sign two max players that offseason. Perhaps someone else can corroborate on this.

3. errpac

errpac Member

I'm glad we have Jason Terry, under rated pickup. he's been playing real well and I definitely think 76ers would had beat us if it wasn't for the jet.he still has his threes and is a good defender. He seems like a good mentor and a team elder.

4. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

If we keep winning, no way because he's shown he can still play, is our best 3pt shooter and is leading! Morey will probably do it, but I hate the fact he would do it since chemistry is way more important than any player you could bring in half way!!

5. Ghost_of_Akeem

Cut it out with the expendable crap, the team is 8-1 and we aren't even healthy yet. We got Terry for helping us win games in April and May, not in November. We need a veteran presence off the bench and Terry has played some of his best games at Toyota Center for years as a member of the bad guys.

We don't need to add another piece assuming Jones and Beverly come back soon. We have enough to win it all this year, the only variable comes down to execution and coaching. We have three point shooters now, we have a much better defensive squad (2nd in the league), we don't have Lin dribbling the ball around in circles and throwing it out of bounds, anymore. We have better chemistry, we are on a upward swing right now, top 5 team in the NBA and possibly better if we are healthy.

We don't need any plastic surgery, which is exactly what a trade would do for us at this moment. Try to make us look pretty when we don't need to be.

#46 Ghost_of_Akeem, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2019
  6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Better to see what you can get from prospects like Capella, Black, and possibly Dorsey :grin:.... Well that sounded farfetched for trade partners.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

That's a joke, right? If not, it would be pretty ironic for you to say my opinion "doesn't mean jack" and then feel hurt when I question your own opinion and you change your tune and revise your opinion based on my "questioning."

So, my questioning actually made you correct your first statement, which you yourself said was "worded wrong." You should thank me for helping you correct yourself, because you and I agree that you made a "wrong" post.

You agree with me about everyone except Garcia. OK. Now I understand what you were trying to say. Sounds a lot less false now. You're welcome.

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The Rockets need veteran presence. I would argue that the Rockets still need one more veteran, probably a power forward.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

No. The question was about Terry being expendable. Has nothing to do with who he was traded for.