1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is James Harden the laziest player in the NBA when he doesn't have a ball in his hand?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Oct 25, 2019.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Oh hey look at me, what?, I am just a Rockets fan pointing out some opinions. I mean I have no agenda, just making some observations.

In short, STFU hater.

justtxyank, VooDooPope, Reeko and 5 others like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Because he plays the most minutes. I suggest you sort the "average speed" column and see where he ranks on the team.

Never said Harden isn't a work horse in terms of availability. Harden's availability is one of the most impressive parts of him relative to other superstars.

3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

YOU ARE WRONG. Harden is one of the most efficient players in the NBA and Houston has one of the best offenses in NBA history. Changing it up would be stupid. That lack of movement is by design and is built around Hardens' strengths. He is an incredible iso three point shooter. He is also an amazing driver. The fact that he is fat built like a linebacker allows him to bully smaller guards and absorb contact by rim protectors.

#143 Agent94, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    topfive and hakeem94 like this.
  4. fchowd0311

Harden is efficient in terms of true shooting percentage. That has nothing to do with hustle and off ball effort.

He isn't even efficient with turnovers and assists. He is a very efficient scorer and I'm not denying that and that isn't really an argument against what I'm stating.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so someone playing most minutes is most lazy now?

so he's the slowest. but that's not what you were crying about right?

the nba season is a marathon not a sprint

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

That's exactly what I'm "crying about". He shouldn't have a lower average speed than 7 ft big men.

7. Victorious

Victorious Member

Pop wouldn't tolerate Kawhi either

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Agent94

Agent94 Member

You are complaining about the coach and player who have run 3 of the top 13 offenses in NBA history in the last 3 years. You are out of your depth. https://www.basketball-reference.co...tals&year_max=2019&lg_id=NBA&order_by=off_rtg

Reeko, Nook, justtxyank and 2 others like this.
  9. vlaurelio

hustle and effort you say?

same amount of screen assists as Klay, Kyrie, Butler more than your hustle hero Kawhi and WB

in the top range of the league in deflections mroe than your hustle heroes lbj, kawhi, kd, steph

more looseballs recovered than your hustle heroes Lebron, Curry, and KD

more looseballs recovered than your hustle heroes KD.. btw your hustle hero KD had zero

more shots contested than your hustle heroes Lebron and Steph

so you're down to

"if pop were the coach..."
    "his turnovers"
    "he's slow"

https://stats.nba.com/players/hustle/?sort=CONTESTED_SHOTS&dir=1&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&CF=MIN*GE*32

#149 vlaurelio, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Reeko, Nook, hakeem94 and 1 other person like this.
  10. fchowd0311

Which falls apart in the postseason.

This offense can work well in the regular season but in a playoff series where teams see your schemes in multiple consecutive games, the offense becomes extremely predictable and easier to defend.

11. vlaurelio

@fchowd0311 sounds like people criticizing Obama for wearing an tan suit

everyone else: who cares!!!

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

yeah bring in Pops!

13. vlaurelio

lol its speed is nothing without wins, effectiveness, and efficiency

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Harden needs to wake the hell up and stop jacking a million 3's a game. His game is super lazy atm

payaso likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

2 games

sammy likes this.
  16. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Because they played against one of the greatest team in NBA history. The talent disparity between the Warriors and Rockets was huge. Lets see how running around screens works for Curry this year.

Reeko, hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.
  17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

It is ok for me since this team is not going to win a title with that coach and Harden anytime soon. Luckily, there are still lots of fans to support him and the team which make the owner to be happy to make some money.

If you want to follow a true winner, just go to follow the Astros. Following the rockets is just for the entertaining purpose.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He was making fun of you to your face, but you're too slow to get it.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Harden always starts out the season kind of shitty shooting wise. I wouldn't really worry about it too much. Ultimately, he's carrying the team to wins. As much as I want him to move off the ball more, he isn't going to do it, so I'm not going even discuss it anymore.

sammy likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's a giant assumption, that D'Antoni's player-friendly style of coaching is based only on him wanting to be liked. I think it's pretty obvious that MDA thinks that allowing his players the freedom to be themselves is the best way to get them to perform their best. Without a petty, constantly nit-picking coach getting in the way of their egos, they're free to play to the best of their abilities.

This explanation makes much more sense and has been corroborated again and again by the players and by MDA himself. But go ahead and believe what you want to believe.

hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.