1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is James Harden the laziest player in the NBA when he doesn't have a ball in his hand?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Oct 25, 2019.

1. smp

smp Member

I'll just say the difference in attitude, body language, and overall effort between Harden and Westbrook was extremely noticeable last night. One guy looked like he would cut off his own hand to win the game and the other looked like he sort of cared.

You all can determine who fits each description. I expect that same look and feel for the rest of each guy's career. Neither player is going to change at this point.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And maybe you should just not watch much Rockets basketball since its evident you hate harden so much as to watch everything he does off that ball.

So tell me what are these other players doing off the ball in Houston when they are not in the play?

Are they doing more than Harden/

HP3 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't hate Harden. I think he has some glaring deficiencies. I'm done. Obviously any more pressing of my opinion is just going to have people say I shouldn't be a Rocket fan.

Asian Sensation and smp like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No that's a example of how teams play Harden most of the time.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

FIFY

6. Nook

Nook Member

Thank you for articulating this better than I did.

Some of this is by design from the Rockets perspective.

HP3 and jiggyfly like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why focus on Harden when no other player does anything off the ball for Houston?

The fact that you cant see he does it for a reason other than being lazy shows you are biased.

jordnnnn likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

So this is what we are down to?

"Body language"?

Are we really still questioning the desire of Harden? After improving every single season he has been in the league..... and playing huge minutes..... we are questioning his "body language"?

Reeko, HP3, jordnnnn and 2 others like this.
  9. smp

smp Member

I didn’t even say who was who. You are the one who assumed Harden is the lazy one with bad body language instead of Westbrook. It’s because you know the truth man. It sucks but it is what it is. Haha!!!!

Fans across the league think he’s looks lazy. I happen to like his game and I’m glad we have him. He’s a top 5 player. That said he’s not perfect and standing around and walking the ball up the court contributes to the criticism.

Watching both him and Westbrook last night really makes me appreciate the hustle Westbrook puts out. Not many players, including Harden, can match that type of intensity and I love it!!!!

I’m quickly becoming a Westbrook fan.

10. smp

smp Member

Haha. I get what you are saying. Some people can like a player and still acknowledge he has flaws and why he is perceived across the league a certain way. Some people can’t. It doesn’t mean you aren’t pulling for a Rockets championship. No worries.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

MDA is the greatest offensive coach in basketball history and Harden has to be the best offensive player ever.

How on earth could we consistently year after year after year have the best or 2nd best offense in the league which also happens to rank as some of the best offenses ever

AND we employ the laziest bum ever!!!!

What a world!!!!

heypartner likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe I'm not explaining well.
    Consider the offense, not the defense on that play.
    • Do you think Harden is being lazy here
    • That play started 5 seconds off the shot clock after shot-stoppage for two FTs
    • How can we not consider that it is by design to go 4 on 4, sometimes
    • Imagine a coach in the huddle in end-game..."OK, I want to go with one of our 4 on 4 plays."
    • that's a luxury
    • Popovich would definitely call 4 on 4 plays, if he had a superstar with so much gravity

YOLO, HP3 and Nook like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Since this thread is about "James Harden the laziest player in the NBA when he doesn't have the ball" it is pretty damn obvious who you are talking about.

When someone had no basis for their opinion they turn to tired BS of "intensity" and "love" and "hustle" and body language.

It is all meaningless crap. If you don't think James Harden doesn't have intensity and love for basketball, then you are willfully ignorant.

I used to hear the same crap about Barry Bonds in baseball.

HP3 likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

It just gets old.

No basketball player is mistake free on the court and that included James Harden.

However all of these "love of the game" and "intensity" and "lazy" tropes get old....

HP3 likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL, the "love of the game" one is hilarious this is the dude who logs so many minutes during pre season haha.

Nook likes this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

Conserving energy.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I am curious, do we run 4 on 4 with other players standing at half court?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I find the 4 on 4 narrative hilarious.

I would rather use Harden's "gravity" to run around screens and confuse defenders to miss assignments so we don't have a predictable offense where our team can take advantage of mistakes defenses make when they have to chase around great shooters off the ball.

If I'm an opposing team, I'm just going to have my best offensive player then guard Harden near the half court line because it'll give him some rest to fully commit on offense.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It has nothing to do with hating Harden. I’m pretty positive every single person on this board loves James. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have some flaws that are easily fixed with just his attitude. Harden isn’t nearly perfect like many believe he is.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No other player draws attention like Harden and he is not standing at half court.

This is the tell that you are searching for a issue that's not there.