1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is James Harden already top 3 Players in franchise history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, Oct 13, 2015.

?

Is James Harden already top 3 Players in franchise history?

1. Yes

53.3%
  2. No

40.9%
  3. Trade him!

5.8%
  1. split41

split41 Member

Looking back, I don't think we'll ever see something like that again. A player who wins 2 MVPs for their team (79 and 82), gets traded the same year he won his second MVP, and then, in his first year with his new team, wins a 3rd MVP, a championship and a finals MVP (83)!!

Crazy in retrospect.

2. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Too early in his career to tell. Public opinion on him is high right now, but we don't get to the finals soon, he'll get alot of blame.

3. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

RIGHT! I'm forgetting some of the stuff I used to know and failed to look it up properly. Still can't believe we traded a 2 time MVP...

Good catch.

4. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

#2 behind Courtney Fortson

5. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

Nice post.

6. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

After Dream and Moses, the players are so different. The only remaining guys who were the #1 options are Harden and TMac. Harden has been clearly better but it's hard to just ignore TMac b/c, other than Dream, at his brief peak he had the greatest combination of athleticism and skill in franchise history. Clyde was also amazing, mostly in Portland, but his game always had this awkwardness -- like he was superhumanly athletic but his ligaments weren't connected at the same places as a normal person.

7. SemisolidSnake

I didn't vote, because I was indeed not around to watch those two or Calvin or Rudy. Being born in 1984 means I wasn't cognizant of 80's Hakeem and Ralph. I was firmly into watching the Rockets by the time the championships came, and that held such a place in my young heart. Still, I would LOVE to see some old games showcasing these elder legends. Anyone know if/where there are any games out there on the internet?

8. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I'd say #4 right now since he hasn't been in the Rockets long enough to surpass the likes of Hayes or Moses. Remember, Moses has won MVPs, Harden has gotten very close but not there yet.

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

"Is James Harden already top 3 Players in franchise history?"

No, but it won't be much longer.

To me it's
    #1 Getting us to the Finals or winning it all
    #2 Years with team
    #3 Level of Greatness

1st Dream
    2nd Big Mo
    3rd Calvin

If James gets us to the Finals this year, he'll be #3. If we win it all, #2.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Hakeem, Moses, Clyde.

11. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Lmfao

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Dream
    Moses
    Clyde
    Murphy