1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it wrong if i believe LeBron James is no longer the best player in the NBA anymore?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NBAandNFLFan, May 21, 2015.

?

Do you agree that LeBron is no longer the best player in the NBA?

1. Yes i agree with you

61 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No are you nuts, LeBron is the best

178 vote(s)
    74.5%
  1. malakas

malakas Member

How is he FAAAR better than Anthony Davis?

2. rocks123

rocks123 Member

i think lebron is still the best all around player but that gap is definitely narrowing.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Is he better than dwert and haren combined? I think not.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

AD might be piling on the stat sheet but he won't go far in the playoffs...

He must learn alot, gain leadership, expand his game more, .......

A long long way to go and along the way hope that his GM get him some badass role players to play with

5. malakas

malakas Member

sure he must learn a lot he's only 22 and in his third year in the league. And his supporting cast is not to be held against him. Even qualifying for the playoffs in the WEST with such a team is a miracle.
    What does the GM has to do with how good an individual player is?
    Right now he is better than Lebron even though he is out of the playoffs.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Wow can't belive this thread is still going. OP will go down in the rah-tard hall of fame with Welvyn da Great.

Except he will never even be close to Welvyn da Great's level.

7. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

That makes Harden better how?

Lebron could be one of the greatest to ever play the NBA whereas Harden hasn't achieved much other than being an offensive genius.

8. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

Lebron prob still the best player, but he isnt indestructible anymore.

There are legit cases for a few people gunning for number one in the world. Last year lebron and kd was in a another realm but some players now have the potential to peak past lebron

9. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

What were Tristan Thompson and Kyrie Irving's win shares like last year? Feel free to post their advanced metrics without LeBron. If they were so good, and playing in a "JV" conference, how come they never made the playoffs until LeBron came home? For all the hype you're giving Kyrie, all he has to show for himself without LeBron is a couple of #1 picks and Dion Waiters lol.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5LlQNty_C8s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

He's gotten to the point to where he knows how to pace himself in the regular season and turn it on in the playoffs. He will prolong his career this way. You can afford to take time off in the East.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not really sure what the year has to do with this. Maybe Lebron isnt 2013 Lebron but so what? 2015 Lebron is still better than 2015 anybody esp. Since AD is still too young and 2015 KD is injured. Why the **** wouldnt Lebron get 1st votes over Blake Griffin or whoever?

Rather asking people why Lebron is better, why dont you prove first that Harden or Curry is better than lebron? Lebron is 6'8 and has proven to be a better defender than those two, he has championship exp, can play make, shoot and defend 1-5. He has also been to the Finals for the last 4 years. So the burden of proof should be on you since you are the one going against the grain here.

13. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

On the other hand ignorance is bliss.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Draymond Green stupid horse mouth looking mother****er.
    (I know that's not Green, but **** D Green)

15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Harden is already a better offensive player than LeBron. He will never come close defensively but he made some great plays last night.

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

lol I never made that association, but Welvyn does kinda look like an emaciated Draymond Green. That's ****in funny, now I will think of that every time I see Draymond... 'something came in the mail today' hahahahaha

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Lebron is still the best but he has lost a step or two and has done so rather quickly. I think by next season or for sure the season after it will be a mainstream opinion that he is no longer the best player in NBA.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Anyone who says Anthony Davis is better than LeBron right now is just wrong. This is one of those weird hype things where everyone is desperate to find the next big thing.

Davis is not better than LeBron or Durant currently.

He may be soon, but too many people have crowned him too early.

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This exactly. I am the last person to defend LeBron since he left Miami, but he's still the best player in the league. MVP or not, he's the best, unfortunately.

20. shawn786

shawn786 Member

#1. Lebron
    .(Wayyyy Down)
    #2.
    #3.
    #4.
    Etc.