1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it wrong if i believe LeBron James is no longer the best player in the NBA anymore?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NBAandNFLFan, May 21, 2015.

?

Do you agree that LeBron is no longer the best player in the NBA?

1. Yes i agree with you

61 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No are you nuts, LeBron is the best

178 vote(s)
    74.5%
  1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Take a break from this conversation. You really need it. Trust me on this.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol at the LeBron haters coming out in full force.
    Get over it people. LeBron and KD are always going to be 1 and 2 if they are healthy. If Harden stepped up his game in the playoffs then we'd be talking about 1, 2, 3. But as of yet its LeBron KD and everyone else.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Dude. Just keep on trashing other peoples opinions about your judgement. Makes me no difference. Everyone in this conversation believes you are an idiot. Keep it up. Makes me no never mind.

4. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

LeBron fanboys just like Curry fanboys hate to hear the truth.. they are so used to ESPN blowing them every 5 seconds, that they cant fathom that their are players on their level or better in the league

5. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

its 2015

did Durant even play

LeBron was NOT better than Harden this year

6. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Full force? Maybe I just have all these "haters" on ignore, but it seems to me that the overwhelming majority in this thread think the OP is a fool.

And to the OP, you keep asking people to prove why LeBron is better. Since LeBron being the best is the majority opinion, it's up to you to convince everyone else that he's not.

7. brooksstephens

OP, consider this:

The Cavs stick Lebron on the other team's best player late in the game when they need a stop. Maybe he doesn't stop them every single time... but I'll put my money on Lebron to win that battle in the long run.

Now consider Harden... the Rockets look for a player they can stick Harden on who will be the easiest to defend so that we can cover up his defensive deficiencies. That's just the way it is.

How can you be the best player in the league AND a below-average defender?

8. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

Lebron and Durant are 1a 1b right now. OP seems to forget the cavs record with out him. It was like 1-8 or something they was winning squat.

As soon as lebron went out of GM Mode and back to player mode the cavs went on a 21-3 or something run. Lebron easily has the strongest will in the nba.

Trade lebron to any team in the league even the sixers and there playoff bound.

9. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

When you realize LeBron has a roster that was one of the worst in the league a year ago in the conference finals, this thread gets dumber.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Valiant effort their OP, and I love Harden, but I don't think he is there on both sides of the court yet, the upside is that he is only 25 though. LeBron is 30, so maybe in a few more years we'll see how harden is doing and can compare, but... LeBron right now is still doing pretty damn well without having Love, and while Harden did it in the regular season this year, LJ has done it pretty convincingly on both sides of the court to a decent Bulls team and ATL in the playoffs so far. Don't get me wrong Harden has done amazing, and I don't even like LJ, but I don't think you can have him passing him just yet. The other aspect I don't always like on Harden is if he's not getting the calls it can hurt his performance sometimes where LJ doesn't always need that.

As far as the trade conversation, if I knew we had a window to win now I'd say the James for Harden would be a trade you have to do immediately, however if planing on making a window in a few years then I'd go with Harden mainly because of the age and lebron having a lot of minutes logged.

11. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

i gave plenty of reasons in this thread

he has a player on his team who by advanced metrics means as much to winning games as he does

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

EASTERN CONFERNCE IS ALWAYS A 2 TEAM LEAGUE.. not really hard to reach the confernce finals if you are an elite player.. and the pacers sucked even with a healthy paul george( they feasted on terrible eastern confernce teams)

the phoenix suns won 49 games in 2014 and missed the playoffs in the west

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If we had LeBron on our team and Harden on the Cavs i see us going further into the playoffs than Harden will on the Cavs.

14. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

curry and lebron have players on their teams( Thompson and Irving) who are top 20 in advanced metrics in win shares

Harden doesnt have another player in the top 100 in win shares... HE IS leading this team like a prime LeBron...ESPN and other media network have screwed this kid over for a tremendous season he has had... he is by far the best player in the league this year... the only other player i would argue was on his level this year Anthony Davis has conceeded that Harden was the MVP

15. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

we are already both at the same stage, both are in the respective teams conference finals..

Harden on the Cavs would easily dispose of the hawks and bulls. Butler cant guard Harden, nobody can... people need to understand this... Harden being passive stops himself... i used to think westbrook was a harden stopped until that sunday showcase... when harden is locked in and motivated he is best player in the WORLD

Harden was not lying when he said he was the best player in the world last year

16. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Based on OP's question, no there is nothing wrong with believing that LeBron is no longer the best player in the NBA. My personal take is that it's not an obvious clear cut choice as it used to be. Today the best player in the league is more like a choice between 1A, 1B, 1C. You can have your pick between LeBron, Harden, Durant, or even Curry in some circles. This only goes to show how the league has caught up to LeBron and how he is begining to slowly decline from the player he was only a few years ago. As last night's game showed he probably still is the top player in the league but there are other just as equally qualified choices and there is nothing wrong with that.

1 person likes this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That's the problem with Harden is knowing when he's going to show up motivated, he still has lapses where he just disappears, and a lot of it seems on his motivation level. Like there's been quarters or even games where he isn't interested. He's gotten a lot better this year... I just mean it seems more of an issue in his head rather than talent. Once he finally realizes he can easily drive whenever he wants or split the defense he'd be even more dominant. I mean there's some games he's had this year where he doesn't continue to drive when he easily could, and I'd like to see him take over more big games. Hopefully he dominates this series, because I think whoever wins the West is going to win it all.

18. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

LeBron's production took a huge dip this year. It could be caused by his declining athleticism, since most of his game relies on the athleticism. He is 30 years old. It's pretty safe to say that LeBron's peak years are behind him.

Harden/Curry/Davis will be the next-gen superstars.

19. adobo

adobo Member

A lot of ppl throwing rocks at the OP...but he does have valid points. If the premise is that there is points that Lebron is no longer the best player in the league this year then he has a point. Normally there was a tier above everyone else and that belonged to LBJ or LBJ & KD. LBJ this year is no longer in that tier but with the Curry/Harden/Davis bracket. Also lets not exaggerate LBJs defense in the recent years....thats been declining. This is not a hate...this is just stating the results of this year hence he was not really in conversation of MVP this year

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

If Lebron played any position 1-4 full time, he'd be top 3 in any one of them and that's being very conservative.

There's also still no accounting for the huge gulf between them in overall defense, blocks, and rebounding. Half the game is played on defense you know. And I don't give the advantage to Harden in every offensive ability so there's that.

And while I think Harden and Curry indeed had the best performances of the year, very few doubt who the best player is. Lebron has been deep in the playoffs many times and was obviously biding his time to prepare for it. Much like the Spurs as a team has done for many seasons.

Also you keep penalizing Lebron for having better teammates. We're not talking about who has done more with less. Even if he played next to Durant, Davis, and Curry on the same team how does that change anything? Unless you think a great player should ball hog just to improve their win shares.