1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it wrong if i believe LeBron James is no longer the best player in the NBA anymore?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NBAandNFLFan, May 21, 2015.

?

Do you agree that LeBron is no longer the best player in the NBA?

1. Yes i agree with you

61 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No are you nuts, LeBron is the best

178 vote(s)
    74.5%
  1. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

Referencing a single matchup and posession doesn't really prove a point. Lebron has a much better chance defending Harden than Harden does Lebron. Lebron has proven to shut down elite talents at every position for quarters at a time. He guarded Rose for stretches in the bulls series this year and milsap last night in the fourth. Harden will never have that Versatility.

You've literally only referenced offense in every post while lebron shoots a better 2p% and comparable 3p%. Also over the playoffs has been a far better rebounder averaging 10+ against great rebounding front courts.

Lebron is still the best player in the world because he is elite at every single facet of the game. Maybe he's slowed down but his reduced production is most likely also due to a new team and system. His first year in miami also saw a large dip in production.

Harden also plays in an offense that 100% revolves around him which is something Lebron doesn't need to do this year like his last stint in cleveland. Looking at any vet career we can see a dip in overall production but they are much better at picking their moments.

In terms of offensive versatility we can't even give harden the nod. He might be as good a passer and maybe better shooter but he can't play off the ball or in the post nearly as well as Lebron. Lebron as the roll man with kyrie is deadly.. You just don't seem to be giving Lebrons overall game enough respect all you're watching is what both do with the ball.

Lebron just brings so much more to the court than Harden or any other player in the league.

1 person likes this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

I haven't read any of the responses, so sorry if I am repeating anyone...

Lebron missed 10 games in a row this year and the Cavs went 1-9. He came back and they went on like an 11 game winning streak. Meanwhile, Wade was having one of his better seasons, they picked up some pieces, and Mia still didn't make the playoffs in a weak conference. I would say he is still the best. His value continues to show in every single way. He is still that guy that you can put on any team and they instantly become a threat.

3. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Davis was way better than LeBron this year, its a shame AD doesnt play in L.A. or New York

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The OP is obviously delusional. When LBJ joins a team they almost automatically increase their total wins by 25+. When LBJ leaves a team they automatically win 25+ fewer games. LBJ is still the most dominant player in this generation of NBA stars. By a long shot and it is not even close. That anyone other than Lebron has won the MVP trophy since Jame's sophomore season is a travesty.

The OP should really get a clue, and stop defending his untenable position every other post.

5. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

EASTERN CONFERNCE IS GARBAGE

you put James Harden on that Cavs team with Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving im sure they would win 11 games in the east too

6. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

He's not the best, if hes not carrying a team, he's living on past hype.. there is new blood in the NBA now.. and Harden is one of them

7. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

11 straight games in the east too

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

OP is on drugs. LeBron is the best player in the NBA still and it is not even remotely close.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LBJ is perhaps the best NBA player in history. I put him up there with Wilt, quite possibly even better. Add Lebron to a team and they instantly become a title contender. Harden? Not so much. Durant? Not so much. Curry? Ditto. Everyone expects the Cavs to just roll into the finals. Against perhaps the best team (the Warriors) in the past decade. Who is going to bet against Lebron, even without Love? Not me.

10. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

In the eastern confernce... LeBron left Miami cause Bosh and Wade were not that good anymore, especially wade.. LeBron doesnt believe he can carry a team by himself.. Ray Allen got him a ring in 2013 and 2014 he got locked down by Leonard... Harden roasts Kawhi Leonard in his career.. Imagine is LeBron had to face Kawhi 4 times a year like Harden

EASTERN CONFERNCE IS THE JV LEAGUE BUDDY..

Harden could go to the 76ers and make them a playoff team in the JV league

11. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

why though, explain your case.. Yes LeBron's place in history is undeniable, but is he better than Harden right now... NOPE

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I am literally beginning to feel sorry for OP. Life can't be easy at that level of brainpower.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Weren't people say the bulls were going to beat the cavs w/o love. He has no love and Kyrie is playing on one leg and he will probably take his team to his 5th straight final. I think the only real blight on his career was the 2011 finals against mavs. He just played poorly. No one could expect him to beat spurs in 2007. He beat durant in 2012. Last year the spurs were playing in god mode. He had a tremendous series, but I don't if any team could have beat the spurs team with the way they were hitting their shots.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He has declined from his peak but I dont see who can take the title from him.

He plays much better d than harden and curry

15. brooksstephens

Harden is still a below average defender in my opinion. You can't be the best player in the league and be a below average defender.

Yes Harden is a great passer, but to me Lebron is the greatest passer/distributor of this generation by a long shot. Very few players in the history of the game could pass on par with Lebron.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Dude. Get a life. Stop drinking so much caffeine. LBJ left Miami because he had to make amends to Cleveland. Nothing more. Has the addition or subtraction of LBJ on a team ever resulted in less than a 25 game swing in their record? Just look at your position in this debate. Everyone is calling you a fool and yet you persist. I try never to be the town fool. Can I buy you a pointy cap?

17. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

he rarely guards the teams best player anymore.. the nba has new blood and Harden is one of em

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I believe you are exactly right. There may have been two other teams in the history of the NBA that matched the Spurs last 40 games in the 2013-2014 season.

19. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Nope, he forced the Cavs to trade Wiggins for Kevin Love

he was trying to form a new Miami Heat with Irving and Love, and when it didnt get off so well he went to management and told them to trade for solid role players like J. R. Smith and Iman Shumpert and a big in Mozgov

why the best player in the NBA NEED SO MUCH HELP

20. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

'
    The Bulls are overrated, they have issues scoring the basketball

Rockets would beat them in 5 or 6