1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it wrong if i believe LeBron James is no longer the best player in the NBA anymore?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NBAandNFLFan, May 21, 2015.

?

Do you agree that LeBron is no longer the best player in the NBA?

1. Yes i agree with you

61 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No are you nuts, LeBron is the best

178 vote(s)
    74.5%
  1. ibm

ibm Member

so this is harden's ceiling one day? :p

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I've been watching the NBA for better than 40 years and Lebron may be the best player I've ever seen. He has a rare combination of size , athleticism .... The only player that could compare was Magic.

I know some will point to MJ but I think Lebron is more gifted and just better. He's still got several more years to equal or surpass MJ's ring count ....

3. adobo

adobo Member

I agree that Lebron maybe the most physically gifted perimeter player ever....but Jordan still has had a more dominant regular/post season in his career.

Though Lebron's career is not over...will make the judgment when time comes.

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

As it currently stands, I'm still on the MJ is the best train (Lebron is top 5, definitely top 2 if he manages to win the finals this year because of the feat not the ring), but really ring count is the most idiotic way to formulate an opinion on who is better.

Trade Lebron and MJ and I guarantee neither one is more than +1/-1 ring count on the other player's team.

MJ did more for the NBA than Lebron likely will, so that will keep his status up there, but really if you had a 1 on 1 with them 2 in their prime, it would be a very close game.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

What feat really? I think if Harden had a guy like Dova on his side it would have made life easier.. Mozgov is the best and biggest fundamentally sound with smart b-ball IQ center Lebron has ever played with. Lebron is a basketball genius and he makes who ever plays with him better no doubt.... Harden can't really do that.

6. mercy road

mercy road Member

Lebron is the best I have ever seen. Maybe Wilt was better. Maybe not.

7. roksoer

roksoer Member

Lebron is also a great GM and coach, you've got to take that into account. MJ is a **** GM.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can agree with you that Lebron seems to have the total package of strength, speed and skills

But he lacks elite killer instinct. Jordan had it, Kobe to an extent had it

I have no problem with saying when everything is said and done that Lebron will surpass Jordan...

But he will never surpass Jordan and Kobe in that killer instinct department

My humble 2 cents.....

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Love for Wiggins looks like it will be a pretty bad trade.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maximizing your current winning probabilities by gutting the team of all its assets, winning like two rings and then leaving is not really great GM work imo. He's all about himself and knows he can leave when the team gets old and has no assets left.

11. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Nah, no way, after lebron wins this ring, then i will give him a seat next to MJ, but to surpass MJ, you need to flat out dominate the league, i mean literally, just go back and look at bulls two three peat, especially 97 season where they win 72 games, that's called domination,
    remember lebron's only two rings come from playing with Dwade and Bosh, two future hall of fame, if he wins this one, then he will start to be in the conversation for sure

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If it wrong that you have an opinion that differs from most people?

Some odd threads lately...

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Not saying Lebron is better but you can't use the team argument against LBJ. Jordans Bulls teams won 56 games and almost made the finals without him. That teams is way better than any team Lebron ever played on even with Wade and Bosh.

Wade and Bosh couldn't even lead the heat to the playoffs in the crappy east this year. Granted Bosh got injured but they did get white side and dragic.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Is it wrong if i believe LeBron James' penis is no longer the best penis in the NBA anymore?

15. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

You are so gaaaaayyyyyyy.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

:confused: Lebron wasn't in control in Miami, it was all Riley and part of the reason he left.

Also Lebron gave Miami 4 finals appearances and 2 rings in just 4 years. In comparison Hakeem gave the Rox 2 rings and 2 finals appearances in like 20 years. You act like Finals appearances and rings are easy to get wtf.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm talking about his whole career. He makes his teams trade all their future assets for aging veterans and the chance at a title, then leaves after they're not capable of contending anymore. It didn't work out in Cleveland and they turned into trash. It worked out with Miami and now they are overpaying for the leftovers (they were lucky with Whiteside, so I'll wait and see how they progress).

Now he let Cleveland trade away one of the best prospects in years and other future assets.

I think it would be way more healthy for the franchises if he'd let them grow naturally and keep their assets. They easily could've kept Wiggins and then waited for someone like Love, Gasol, LMA in Free Agency.

1 person likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lebron should have switched PF more often.

Watch Duncan and KG, playing PF would guarantee he can play till he is 38+ years.

Running around the perimeter is probably going to shorten the career.

19. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

^ This is the truth. There's no doubt Lebron is best player on the planet right now. Everyone who clicked "No" in the poll needs to stop hating. But Lebron has not really what's best for the franchise. When it counted, he's always chosen the path of least resistance. Which is a main reason many people simply won't put him in the same conversation as the all-time greats.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

What are you talking about? Do you walk all the way to work when you have a car? Do MJ and Kobe make sure to break their hand before they go to games? Everyone takes the path of least resistance, please tell me one instance where a guy who wants to win a game intentionally makes it harder for himself? In the case of people like MJ or Kobe or Steph Curry, they were just lucky that they were drafted by great GMs who were able to surround them with talent. For other guys like Kevin garnett, Shaq, Tmac, Dwight etc. these people had to go to other franchises because their teams are all too weak to win a ring, not sure why you're acting like Lebron is some sort of p***y whereas every other player on the planet stabs himself in the leg before every game :rolleyes:

The only ones who wouldn't put Lebron among the all time greats are haters, period.