1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it time to panic, Astros True Believers?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Major Malcontent, Apr 7, 2007.

1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My observations...

1. Berkman isn't swinging well at all. He was on pace to strikeout 200 times this season and that is totally uncharacteristic of him. If you can get him going things will improve a lot.

2. Lidge has sucked major balls this year. I say we start him a couple of games. Let him throw the first couple of innings. Then bring in a starter like Albers to finish the game. We need to drastically change his perspective if we aren't willing to trade him.

3. IMO, the Lane/Scott platoon is a bad idea. Sure Lane has come up big with his power this year but this was supposed to be the year we see what Scott can do for at least 150 games this season as a regular. I believe Scott, over a full season, can belt 30+ doubles, 30+ home runs & 85-110 rbi.

4. We need pitching. We need a healthy Jennings. We need to pursue Clemens with DEEP POCKETS. Woody needs to get on track. We need Patton. We need pitching.

5. Please bring up Pence...MUY PRONTO! We need some youthful exhuberance (spelling?) injected into this offense.