1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is It Really THIS Difficult?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

The Yankees with no cap have another parade.

The NY Giants with a cap beat the best regular season team probably of all time and get a parade.

The Lakers play in a league with a cap and they won just 6 years after a 3peat. The Celtics won 20 years after their last title but won in 2007 and are poised to do it again.

The Spurs win with a cap.

What about us? I am tired of sitting on the sidelines for the last 15 years and not winning a damn thing! Is it to the point where "Oh So Close" is all we have to look forward to?

I know, I know. The Clippers and the Grizz and the T'Wolves and everyone else you can name haven't won since FOREVER. But you know what? I don't root for those teams. This is a first class organization that takes chances on players like Artest and Jim Jackson and T-Mac and Yao. They take chances in bringing in unknown coaches like Rudy T and gives them a chance. They hire great coaches like Van Gundy. They bring in great offensive minds like Adelman. They give an unknown like Morey to prove himself as a GM and...well, so far so good.

This is not the Clippers who draft crappy talent and make stupid trades. This is not the Grizz who trade Gasol for a bag of **** to the Lakers. This is not the T'Wolves who trade away Garnett in his prime for crap.

So what the hell gives? Whats the missing ingredient? What are we doing wrong? Is this the curse of Hakeem because he was traded? Is this the curse of Cuttino? The curse of theFreak when in 1999 said we wouldn't win a title in the next 10 years?

Personally, I think the Yao/T-Mac era is over. Yao can't be dominant like we all expected and T-Mac has been a bust. Now, we have to rebuild...again...for the what? Fourth time since 1995? Didn't we already do the "tanking" to get Yao? I mean...geeeeez!

So sick of losing!

Winning in the regular season or making it to the 2nd round don't count as winning in my book. Almost making it past the Lakers don't mean squat. It just adds to the frustration.

This parade in NYC is not helping me. I love NYC and all that. Hell, I am NYC through and through (except sports wise). There is one thing that I totally have bought into and that is that there is winning...and there is misery.

(Sigh)...Maybe I am down right now. But crap! Can we just clear out all the cap space and try to drag in some major FA talent so that I can freakin see this team win again!? I spent half my 20's and most of my 30's waiting for Francis or Yao or T-Mac and whomever else to bring home a title.

Is it REALLY this difficult? So Frustrating To Know That Its Really Not For Some

#1 Almu, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  2. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

um.. i have high hopes for this season.. its not like we are 0-5. we have A GREAT TEAM and a GREAT COACH to go with that. look at what morey has done since he has been here... we have a VERY bright future

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You finished with that rant of yours? :p

Or would you like some cheese & crackers to go with that whine?

No but seriously, it does blow that we are losing but I have confidence that with our regime that we have, as far as GM's and coaches go, now we will be back in contention in no time.

I'm seeing about 2 years from now we should be on top. Should.... :cool:

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I understand your fustration trust me I want to win another title REALLY BAD but consider these facts:

- Only9 different franchises have won an NBA Championship since 1980.
    - Injuries, Rox have been hit with so many injuries that it is hard to blame them to much for the results they've put up.
    - Morey, he is the best GM in basketball today and has essembled the parts necessary to sets us up for a years of contention.

You can't say we aren't winners just because we don't win a title as only 1 team a year wins a title and the rest fall short, so come on not fair to say we lose constantly.

Patience is very important because Morey has accumlated a vast number of assets that will allow him to make moves to better the squad. I say just give Morey this season and I predict you won't be disappointed with the direction of this team by years end. ;)

5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Chill out. Cant really compare the Houston Rockets to the Yankees, Lakers, Celtics, etc. Like most other franchises, we have to find our way. We will have some good years, and some bad. That's what being a real fan has to deal with. Become a Lakers/Yankee bandwagon fan if you cant accept losing.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It is when we put our cap money on two injury prone stars who flame out for whatever reasons when it really matters.

When one or the other gets injured in what it seems like every season, it stops becoming a case of "bad luck".

7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

If it were easy even a caveman would have done it. Just be patient. It'll be sweeter when the time does come, and in some weird way it'll feel even better because the Rockets didn't have to buy the championship. Maybe winning is all that really matters in sports, but heart is what makes takes it to epic proprotions. Rocky wouldn't have been a great movie if it was about some dude who could just kick the crap out of everybody while training with the best. It was great because it was about a meathead scrub who willed his way to standing toe to toe with the champ. The Rockets are a great Rocky story this year. Enjoy the ride. Stranger things have happened. This could be our year. :cool:

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

so you're telling me that being a rockets fan, at least i hope you've been one for a while, you don't realize our problem is injuries and NOT MONEY. Salary caps don't fix injuries, no salary caps dont fix injuries.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

10. van chief

van chief Member

this be in the Hangout or the DD?

11. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

We always had a good team, just could never get over the hump and it's frustrating needless to say. I'm thinking this organization thought Yao and Mac would be plenty, well not in todays game maybe in the 90's. The tallent pool is much deeper. We always had a young team when we drafted Francis and Yao, yet it's still the same story and i'm afraid we will have a young team like Atlanta did and still won't get pass the hump. This could be because we have no cap space and we always make the playoffs and draft late instead of early and never have free agents pan out for us.

12. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

So sad but true. :(

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i still think we can get out of the first round this year if we got the right matchup like last year.

portland, utah, or possibly even dallas.

14. deshen

deshen Member

This is one of the reasons that I said Morey is a OK GM. This team is a good team, good enough for a playoff spot, not good enough to win the whole thing in the next few years. We need significant trade to move T-Mac, perhaps Yao too, to get to the next level.

15. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Answer to your question:
    Yes. It is really THIS difficult.

16. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

The Yankees had to LOAD UP on talent.
    Giants are lucky the NFL doesn't play 'series' of games in postseason.
    The Lakers have the best player since Jordan and had one of the most dominant centers of all time.
    The Celtics have an all-star team.
    The Spurs have the best coach in basketball and had to tank to attain their championship piece.

17. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

We need Morey to pull off a major trade to land us a cornerstone, otherwise we're going nowhere.

Should be able to tell by the end of this season whether Morey is a genius or not.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That you call patience? .....

19. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I'm impatient.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am willing to see what Aaron is made of. I was willing to include him in a trade to get CP3 earlier this season but I have made up my mind. I like to see him develop into a stud.