1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it really that big of a deal...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awc713, Jun 29, 2012.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

that we did not get Andre Drummond?

we would've had to give up kyle lowry, jeremy lamb, and royce white at the minimum.

drummond is no sure bet. no different coming out than deandre jordan. jordan was the #8 prospect coming out of HS, dissapointed many at A&M, but had a knack for size and pure athletic ability. yes, he dropped to the second round, but i still see them as very similar players. both uber athletic with no shot outside of 6 feet. now, drummond is esentially coming out of HS (came out early 1 year), but I'm basically saying that drummond was far from a sure bet dwight 2.0 as many pegged him to be.

so, looking back, perhaps im a little happy were getting to develop lamb and white instead. i want jones gone tho.

thought?

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

With a roster packed tight with mediocre players, the last thing we need is to add 3 more role players.

3. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

i didn't want drummond for that asking price either.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So why would you want Drummond?

A big athletic guy he might be. But if he can't make his own shot (and make no mistake he simply cannot) then how is he anything more than a role player??

He could be Tyson Chandler one day? Maybe? But he would hardly play this season anyway...

5. awc713

awc713 Member

i understand why people like athleticism and see the upside in it. but it often doesnt turn out well. anothy randolph, another prime example.

im trying to remember the last pick purely of athleticism like drummond or daendre jordan, can anyone help me think of any? maybe some that were successful? was josh smith that way when he came out?

6. cod

cod Member

the rockets might have ended up with the best sg in the draft.

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rockets made 3 good picks in the draft, you can only do so much when you have so little to work with. I'll wait and see what we can do on the trade market and in free agency.

8. tofu--

tofu-- Member

And Royce White could potentially pan out to be incredible. Jones is meh but he's probably a better Patterson.

I'm more concerned that our roster has too many people, particularly at the 4. But are we short on talent? I think we got a few really nice young guys tonight. If we can re-sign Dragic, and with D-Mo coming in, I think we have a really really solid core. Once we clear out Lowry/Martin/etc. for an All-Star/borderline top talent our team is going to be looking really good. If the latter doesn't happen we're obviously in deeper crap but no I don't feel bad about not getting Drummond and I think we got better than role players tonight.

9. Raven

Raven Member

We have no center and Zeller was still on the board when we drafted.