1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it really a foregone conclusion that Lance McCullers over Brad Peacock in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by what, Sep 2, 2017.

1. K-Lo_The_Future

Dont know what you saw that was great? It should be peacocks job hes been better.

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

McCullers looked good on Wednesday- only gave up 2 runs, looked in command of his pitches- if he regresses, OK, Peacock is fine. But if LMC continues to improve, you have to make him #3.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

LMJ was an all star pitcher this year.

He got hurt. He is recovering.

He's our number 3.

Peacock can be our number 4

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Astros will pitch the best three starting pitchers in the playoffs. The best #3 right now is McHugh, who has playoff experience. McCullers has work to do if he wants to be #3.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I saw a breaking ball that was literally dropping off the face of the Earth, and a fastball that had nice zip to it. I also saw a pitcher that was rounding into form, and getting his confidence back. In terms of overall talent, McCullers is clearly the #3. That's not to take away anything from Peacock because he's been transcendent this season, but McCullers at his best is better.

Nook likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

McCullers should have 4 more starts, I think.

I hope he pitches well enough to answer this question for us.

7. SemisolidSnake

Let's lord our genius over them like true Clutchfans when that happens. :D