1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it possible to trade for both Melo and Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Furious Jam, Jul 15, 2010.

1. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

WOW you had me. I was 99% sold until I saw Ariza as our starting 2 guard. I started to cringe as I had flashbacks of last season..... Trevor Nooooooo!!!! Please don't shoot it!!!

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

I wouldn't mind just having Melo. The idea of having CP3 and Melo is cool, but I feel like we aren't really lacking anything at the PG spot with AB and Lowry.

3. Guru

Guru Member

When you say Big 3, who is the 3rd aside from Melo and Paul?

No one is going to come to Houston in the hopes that Yao doesn't get injured. Not trying to be rude, just highlighting the fact.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Keep in mind we don't know who Morey will acquire before the season starts. If he does get Rudy Fernandez - Martin might be expendable. Brooks, Chase, Rudy - all good 3 point shooters would be perfect compliment to Yao and Carmelo.

But I think if Carmelo doesn't re-up with Denver, they will trade him for expiring contracts and picks - because they get nothing if he walks.

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't know, I don't think Melo wants to play here.

6. Stepping Razor

I would jump all over this, but realistically I think it is too good to be true. New Orleans is in our Division, and they'd be doing us a favor. Carmelo? I see him going to a more popular city ala how Bosh went to Miami. A pipe dream however.

7. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

you get melo and paul, still keep scola and Ariza?

there must be a lot, a lot . a lot gold in Toyata Center

8. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

To get Paul and Melo and keep Yao, we would be doing what the Heat are doing right now. Looking for any and everyone to come sign with us.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]